Help with new soil fert's for growing.

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by Justcheckingitout, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I have used several types of plant foods in the past and wanted to switch to Fox Farms or something like that to try something new. Growing in mixed organic soil will stay the same.

I got some of the Fox Farm Beastie Bloomz yesterday and orignaly thought it was the only thing I would need for flowing plants, but after reading, it looks like you use it two-three weeks after flowering starts and then have to use something at the end of flower before flush. Also the Grotek "Monster grow" I got for Veg stage looks to be a sub to a main food you would use with it.

So whats the scoop with these types of ferts? Do I need to fill up a closet with 30 products just to flower or veg plants with them?

I think I am still going to use the "Fishy" green pond water for veg, it's the bomb. Stinks to high heaven thou...

2. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

I'm a relative newbie to soil growing, and have a very limited base of experience. I've been growing in RR dirt, which is just a basic organic mix. The way I grow in it is I don't give them anything except water unless they ask for it. Bloom boosters and all that are just marketing hype to me.

Once I learn a strain (like now I know LT needs K and N in week 3-5) I will feed it correctly until I get it to grow perfect thru week 10 (or however long it's supposed to). Now if I get a plant to grow all the way through with no deficiencies, then and only then will I worry about pumping up the buds with additives.

I haven't gotten to the point of actually selecting specific nutrients to get larger buds. I won't do it without knowing exactly what I am giving them, and if they need it. It sounds like a waste of money to do it any other way, with a lot of risk and blind guessing.

3. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

I think you need to figure out your plan before you go buying different brands of separate additives.... Its hard to match different products from different lines. Luke FF says dial start with a base get it right then you can experiment. I am currently using House & Garden nutrients and love them. I am following their feed schedule precisely... Well I've adjusted based on what ivecseen from my girls. My Silver L.A. and Sour Diesel #2 are loving the full feed schedule... I haven't tried the agressive yet. Mean while the Sour Kush and Lemon Thai Kush are getting 2 ml less of the base A&B because they seemed to be light feeders. I've used the H&G base nutes and Roots excellurator before and liked them. So I emailed them for a sample pack. They sent me a voucher to return with a $20 money order. They sent ment a full liter of their Aqua Flakes A&B base nutes, and 2-4 oz samples of every additive. Its enough for me to run 4 plants start to finish.. a good way to try something new...

4. Justcheckingitout

I figured it would be a trial and error with new ferts, just didn't know some products like fox farms use so many different number of things together, so with out having the full line of products, mixing stuff together is like chem class for me and I blew up a lot of shit in that class...LOL

The northern lights, they are a little fussy even thou they say they are very forgiving plants. the C99 I can grow blind folded..:thumbsup:

The Cluster Bomb is fixing to go into veg so we'll have to see about that one also.

5. Bigbud214

Man I know the H&G line has a bunch of additives but they work at different stages of growth... Only the base and drip clean run the full cycle... The others are for specific weeks...

I'm not saying you can't mix and match... Just need to know what each thing does, whatvit brings tongue table, etc... You don't want to use two products that do the samething... Say like roots excellurator and Rapid Start from G.H.... Does that make sense

6. Justcheckingitout

Yep, def don't need to use two different things that do the same thing at the same time....:smokin:

7. Justcheckingitout

update

I might have to start a beastie bloomz thread, after or less than a week of using, my two week flower plant looks like a 4 week flower plant, I will have to get a pic on here, I had two 4-week blue berry plants and the two week plant I had behind it, has caught up to them with the same size buds...no joke, is this how this stuff works? Its got me scratching my head. Never seen buds grow so quick in less than a week. I am not complaining by no means, just doesn't seem possible thou......:passsit: I did use some Bio stuff with it the first time I used the B bloomz, so that might of had something to do with it, the plants are green as fuck and not a yellow spot on them, It's been a while since I have had such nice looking plants at 2-4 weeks in flower. I got this crazy feeling the buds at 7-8 weeks are going to be monsters.

8. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

I haven't used any of the boosters. I use Advanced Nutrients sensi grow

and sensi bloom two part formulas and add a little cal mag plus when

the plants need it.

had pretty good luck .

9. Bigbud214

Beastie bloom is the 2nd part in a 3 part booster which has Open Sesame, Beastie Blooms, and Cha Ching . I've never used any if them.

10. Justcheckingitout

Yes, it's the 3 pack line they sell. I figured with some reading here and some advice on people that have used the products, I could get ahead of the learning curve...:thumbsup:

11. Justcheckingitout

I take it the sensi formulas are a liquid product that can be used for both hydro and soil? How is it price wise?

12. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

http://www.discount-hydro.com/advanced-nutrients-ph-perfect-sensi-grow-bloom/

Discount hydro has it for 22 bucks for each set right now. i grow in promix

BX and never go too much above 3 teaspoons a gallon when feeding so

a liter jug lasts a long time.

Their latest is supposedly self adjusting on PH but I have not tried it out yet.

I need to order some more soon.

And yeah, it is for hydro but has worked well in the pro-mix for me.

BBT

13. Bigbud214

Sorry wrong button