Herb

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Mrgreengenes, Feb 2, 2018.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Think an electric wire would do the trick for fencing or are they too smart for that?

Looking mighty peaceful Herb. Really cool to see you and your lady hung through. Put a smile on this old heads face. Thinking of old heads...you ever hear from AverageJoe over the years?

Goblin in the country. Good to hear. Smilies Drinking

Here's the new digs around here and the new maniac superbeast. He's a bird finding freak of nature.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Mrgreengenes and blazerwill420 like this.
  2. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

Well, kinda...its been a while :pimp:

So I got married a few years ago, I still have my house in Chugiak. My wife and I were in the process of gathering materials for our homestead, we got 10 acres near the copper river. Got mud buggies to get us to and fro, and the usual starting out in the bush type stuff.

Then her dad went hard into dementia land, we moved down with what we could fit in our explorer/little utility trailer and closed up and covered our Alaska life. spent a year down here taking care of cows and trying to farm in what is muck. He's been in a pretty bad spot not knowing where he was and intermittently recognizing all of us. He passed away last Saturday. My mother in law doesn't really know what to do yet, they didn't get along at all so she's starting a new life pretty much. She wants us to have the farm.

So now I'm battling with my inner demons about what to do with designated farmland in the central willamette valley...I have serious reservations about growing commercially, being that I can't use the property for anything else and the restrictions on the structures and such. This is an old farm, I'd have to build new buildings which means it has to be done prior to the application, our county decided no new structures will be built for the purpose of cannabis production ...fuckin asshats...any suggestions? :roll:

I'm allowed 4 plants flowering for personal use, I can have 6 more if I get a med card...but that's peanuts, if I could plant a couple acres I'd be a millionaire in months :pimp:

3. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

They are some of the smartest damn animals I've ever seen. Chickens are too...don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Never tried a hotwire myself...might be worth a try though.

As for Joe...lost touch with him when he moved from Denver to Texas. That was years ago. He hasn't shown up here?

Nice lookin' pup. These are the three we have currently.

3pupsdinner.jpg

4. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Damn...life has had you on the move it would seem. Glad to hear about the new wife...sorry to hear about the father-in-law. I'm sure what is meant to be will be. You'll make the right choice I'm sure. Alaska is nice...so is Oregon. I spent quite a bit of my childhood visiting my g-parents in Oregon. Lots of good memories there. I hear ya on the amount of plants. I'm able to grow 6 myself for recreational use, but the counties fuck with you hard. Yeah...it may be legal now but they have all sorts of road-blocks in place. Just enough to discourage everyone. That's not freedom...it's still them dictating who, what, when, where, and how. Fuck the government from top to bottom.

ResinRubber and Green Goblin like this.
  5. ResinRubber

Gobby...Holy fuck. Good luck brother.

Herb... Got lots of fencing wire and a converter just laying around. Worst case I lose a couple $150 goats and quit.

Lost touch with AJ at the same point in time.

You guys...going soft. When we were committing a felony every day, plant count was an imaginary boundary and we grew what we wanted. Now that you won't be going to jail it's something to bitch about as if it matters. Cali got home plant inspectors coming around like meter readers? Only way anybody knows how many plants you got is if you show them or if you go legit and tell a suit where/when/and how.

6. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

$150 goats? Damn son! They made of gold or what? Yeah I miss ol' Joe. Wish him the best and hope he's OK. Moving to Texas was like moving into the lion's den for MJ growers.

Not going soft here...just staying within the confines so as to keep my wife happy. We own our home now and would not like to lose it if shit went down. I'm basically allowed to grow in an area 10'x10'...the contents of the enclosure must not be visible from the sides or from the air....and the plant count is limited to 6. My indoor grow area will only hold 5 plants anyway and 6 SCROG plants in the greenhouse is all I need. :stoned-smiley:

7. Green Goblin

I'm looking for goats currently, locally I find odd mixes for $75, but looking to not interbreed, papered goats seem to be $150 minimum and $300 for particularly notable genetics.

8. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

$75 tends to be the norm around here but that was for pygmy goats.

9. ResinRubber

Just shitting you on being soft.

Yeah, meat goats up here are $100-$150 per for decent animals. Can pick up kids for less. Papered goats can get stupid expensive. Unless a guy was milking why would they pay a ton for a glorified brush mower? Goofy.

How are they with coyotes? I got a ton of coyotes. Don't even like the mutt going out alone at night.

10. Green Goblin

Cause the offspring can be sold for double the dollars, and so you can turn up ur nose and say "pffft...I've got fucking NUBIANS, you know, like the fucking starship..." :roll: :pimp:

11. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

It's all good Res. I knew you was shittin' me. ;) Goats and coyotes are not a good mix. I gave mine a shelter to go into for the night that was well defended. GG I had a Kinder goat myself. That's a cross between a Nubian and a Pygmy. Supposed to be the best milk of all the goat breeds. We had males too so I just let them breed and had more. Cheap as fuck that way...since I used them as weed eaters for the most part.

Green Goblin likes this.
  12. ResinRubber

My goal exactly.

13. Bill Blunt

Bill Blunt New Member

Nice to see you are still kicking SparkyWelcome Back

Herb likes this.
  14. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Thank you...it's good to be back. :animbong: