Hydro as well!!

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Bje4201, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Gonna keep it short as I can't seem to post long winders. Doing hydro and outdoor. Here's the hydro so far, 2&1/2 weeks from seed lemon haze.

image.jpg

/monthly_2013_03/image.jpg.cb98381558a029deab231fb52ba24b0a.jpg

2. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

:popcorn-2:

3. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Almost had a casualty. When phing last night I think a drop of the solution got blown on this one by the fan. This morning she wasn't even trying to stand up. Flushed with water and she's looking better

4. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Here she is

image.jpg

/monthly_2013_03/image.jpg.ad0a00c3ea019fec2f61ac6dc78f23b0.jpg

5. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Are you sure your water is up to the roots? You should hand water or raise the water until the roots get to where it is wet.

6. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

I'm not sure. No roots are not popping through the net pots and water is about1/2 inch below the pots. I read that is better cause it makes the plant send roots down to find the h2o.

7. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

They have to survive to grow down. I agree. You should either hand water or raise the level until you know the roots are getting wt.

8. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

I was hand watering once or twice a day, pouring some of the water from res on the hydroton in pots. I took the advice though and added more water to the res and it's up above the bottom of potsabout a 1/2 inch. I don't think I'm gonna mess with any nutes till I change the water this weekend. Thanks

9. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

I would still hand water also just to make sure the roots are surrounded in moist hydroton.

10. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Ya buddy! Raising the water helped big time and I'm still doing some hand watering. I pretty much killed the bad looking one, I'll post pics when I get home. I hate being on call! Thanks guys

11. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Ok, roots are down through the pots. Question, I'm about to change the water. How long can the resi be empty, and should I let it run overnight without phing and adding nutes like useless says or do it right away?

12. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Always do as useless says. Run clean for a day then add nuts and ph it

Thank about it this way. How are you going to ph it down then add nutes? Your ph would be like 4.5 or something.

If you know you have really high ph to begin with and you know about how much you add after the nutes I don't know why you could add a little, but not sure how much good dropping something from 8.1 to say 6.4 does in the real world. The plant is going to uptake nutes at either PH so why give yourself a headache

How long can it be empty? I don't know really what you are asking. The plants will live through a water change, but don't to dinner and a movie while they are setting out

13. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

Your res should never be empty except when you are cleaning it. Every Saturday night I empty mine, clean it, add about 35 gallons of water, ph the water to 5.5, add my nutes and then check the ph in a couple of days and add any ph down I need. Easy peasy. Wash, rinse and repeat every Saturday.

14. Midnight Garden

That's exactly how I do it, I have to ph the water to 5.5 and then add the nutes. The ph does not drop at all, in fact a couple of times it rose slightly. I have been keeping my ppm at around 750/860.

15. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

how far up does your drift go after the first PHing? and did you always do this or did you have PH issues? That's one thing that scares me, my RDWC shit was shit...got everything I need for tables except for my penis and balls because of one bad experience.

Go with what MG says, his tables are looking perfect

16. Midnight Garden

Well remember I was having large ph drifts at the beginning. I solved part of the issue by getting my room temp under control. The second thing I did was start ph'ing the water first, it says to do that in the useless formula if you still cannot control the ph. I've been doing it that way for several weeks now and I am not doing a plain water flush at all. Now I only need to add about 30 ml of down once during the week. This week is going to be touch and go because my ph meter died last night and I had to add to my fresh water based on notes I have been taking of the ph drift. I put in 50ml of down and that usually takes it to 5.8. I ordered a meter from amazon and it should be here before I have to change the water again.

17. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Thanks guys, what I meant by how long can the res stay empty was if it was ok to be empty from right after I drain it to put freshwater in. It takes me about 5-10 mins to fill the jugs with water. See, I put a drain in the bottom of my dwc so I don't have to move it, that bastards heavy, and I fill 3 empty cat litter jugs, dump that then refill the jugs then res. this time I had some extra jugs so I had water on hand. I emptied, REPLACED PLUG, I only forgot that once lol, and immediately refilled. My tap runs about 8.5 so I did ph to 7. I did uselesses formula and after adding nutes the ph didn't drop a whole lot so I hope I'm ok. My next problem is I have to many plants to close together. I'm gonna try a scrog when they get taller and hopefully that will allow good light penetration. After these are down flowering I'm thinking of just getting buckets.

18. Midnight Garden

Your ph MUST be between 5.5 and 6.2. Anywhere outside of these values and you are going to have issues.

19. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

That's what I've been keeping it at, I meant on a previous change I did the useless with almost no ph drop. It seems so far when I ph first then add nutes the next day I only have to add maybe 2-3 ml ph down and I hit right around 5.5-6 and it has been staying there. I was having temp problems to but I started running the lights at night and that has worked so far. Got some stuff to run the a/c duct over to the closet but since the weather won't make it's mind up and have kicked the heat on again I am holding off on that.

20. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Here's what it looks like, gonna paint closet white next run

image.jpg

/monthly_2013_03/image.jpg.9594028277c4f9fbc0994d2ddf505347.jpg