Hydro Organic

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by chopstick, May 22, 2003.

1. chopstick

chopstick Chilled out

Been using PureBlnd Pro Hydro Organic ferts in my soil grows for the first time this cycle. Seeing as they can be used in Hydro aswell, I was wondering if there are any Hydro Organic growers here on GK, as I'm interested in the concept.
    I've read that there's more maintenence with Organic Hydro as apposed to regular Hydro. Is this because there tends to be more clogging of tubes and sprays etc? Or because of Organic nutrients being less stable as their chemical counterparts?

2. hydro convert

hydro convert Developed Alternating Nodes

I would be very interested in these answers too. I've always used Ionic but they are chem. I just have visions of mud in my res. with organics. All this talk about teas and bio ponics. Would be interested in some links too if anyone has any good ones.

Chop- update us on how your grow goes. I'm interested in your ferts. Didn't realize you could get pre-blended Organics. I guess I just not very aware of what is available and usually go with the hydro sales guys sales pitch. He's a great salesman for sure, I have a kind of gadgets. Anyway, good luck.

3. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Hey choppy! Well, the difference is that you start dealing with live organisms in the nutrient solutions. Its kinda like the difference between maintaining a salt water aquarium vs. a fresh water. I haven't tried "bio-ponics" on MJ yet, but my veggies and peppers just love it.

The additional work is simply balancing ph more frequently, and as you said the clogging of emitters, jets, and pumps.

otherwise its not too bad.

The hottest tips I can give you for bio-ponics are:

If you use the Botanicare, add an organic bloom stimulant/enhancer. B'Cuzz or Dark Energy are great.

Add a net/bag of some coco coir blocks in the reservoir. Thos provides a home for the nematodes and microbes.

And, use soluable mychorrizae in with the nutrient solution to increase microbe and nematode production and efiiciency.

Have fun!

4. hellostupid

hellostupid Stupid Iz. Stupid Duz.

:alien:Ismoke2much'z best Bioponic Tip:

The best way to understand bioponicz is to remember this:

Alwayz assume that your Cannabis have Gillz like Fish!!!

Learning to be the best fish caretaker will make u the best Organic Hydro Cultivator...like Useless!!!

Jus like fish, Cannabis depend on:

1)Biofilters- fish rely on biofilters to consume all the excessive nitrates. Microbes in the Biofilter release excessive "nitrites" that are in turn....absorbed by the cannabis rootz...

...Because nitrogen, in the form of ammonia and nitrates, acts as a plant nutrient, it also causes eutrophication. Eutrophication is the enrichment of water with nutrients, usually phosphorous and nitrogen, which stimulates the growth of cannabis blooms and rooted aquatic vegetation. Eutrophication promotes more plant growth and decay, which in turn increases biochemical oxygen demand.

2)Water Agitation is Key to Aeration- the best aerators in the aquarium world are "PowerHeads"...that agitate the water so well...that Airstones aren't required!!!

3)Atmosphere/Water surface Oxygen Echange-Rootz exude over 60% of the hormonal deadly gas a.k.a,"Ethelyne". Ethelyne is 5,000 times more deadly than what Carbon Monoxide is to humanz. Little do most Hydrogrowers realize that light covers are actually BAD!!!! Only 2thingz can take away Ethelyne Gas:

1)Oscillating fan blowin across the tub.

2)A small amount of Insoluble Silver Submerged inside the Water Reservoir.

I still have yet to find a bar of silver to stick in my reservoir....but that'z my next step in my Organic Hydro Conversion.

My cannabis are well into their 5th of flowerin in Bioponics...and i've sampled the White Rhino,Blue Mystic, and PurePower....All are one hit quitters!!! But to my surprise, blue mystic wuz easily the most potent...and the Sativa like White Rhinos produced the most yield.... :) :affro:

(Edited by ismoke2much at 4:53 pm on May 23, 2003)

5. Useless

Funny you talk about bio-filters. I was considering hooking one of those up. I haven't had any issues yet, but it seemed like a good idea.

Power heads are great, the do provide a decent amount of O2 through surface movement. If you aren't going to run an airstone, I suggest directing the output of your powerhead in order to break the surface of the reservoir water, this will provide the most O2 without an airstone.

Ismoke, didn't quite follow the logic with the light covers? Can you elaborate? How would a light cover affect the atmosphere gases?

I haven't heard of the silver thing either, but you can get one troy ounce of pure silver for about $8 at just about any jewerly store.

Any thoughts on using the ultra-violet lightin a filter system for bacteria? That was my other thought, just like a salt-water tank. Run the solution through the bio-filter with the UV attachment.

6. hellostupid

:alien:Hey Useless...as u know...i've been reading everything i can about organics myself....

....but with organic hydro there's really not enough specific information out there...thatz why i come here to growkind to learn from guruz like you...hehe.... :)

In hydro:

1)Most folks keep their light covers on the prevent algae growth. I took my light cover off. Increased my waterpump flow to Maximum rate(74 gal per hr!!!)....and have zero signs of algae. Algae only exist in stagnant water...not running. Most organic growers don't realize that algae is a beneficial "plant"; since microbes such as nematodes love to feed off of algae...so no worries!! Algae is a great source of Nitrogen for plants...but only after the nematodes devour them 1st.

2)Light covers are bad- because it trapz a deadly hormonal cannabis byproduct called "ethylene"....i think that'z how u spell it. All organic substances(dead or living) give off a cerain amount of the ethylene...also nicknamed,"decay gas". This one organic scientist on the web stated that light covers

sadly trapz the ethylene gas from escaping the nute reservoir...which causes root rot!!! An oscillating fan blowin across the tub should be sufficient to initiate atmosphere/water surface ethylene/oxygen/co2 exchanges. Leaving the light cover off will help your rootz breath better. 60% of organic ferts are are eventually converted to c02...surprisingly...

3)Biodynamics-this guy(Steinburg i think) in 1924 invented this science. Biodynamics-strongly believes that you can't have life without decay! Decay is important in organic farming...since only decay can return a nutrient back to the soil!!! And organic farmin is All about plants feeding off of decomposed

material.

4)silver- it is well known in the food preserving industry that ethylene speeds of ripenin and food spoiling. When u bite into an apple...and see it suddenly turn brown...then you are seeing ethylene gas in action!!!! For some reason, silver is the only known element that can neutralize ethylen gas! I don't even think scientists know why how this can be!!! The food industry sell packets of silver alloys and place them where all foodz are stored...since this "silver powder" solidifies after it'z saturated with Ethylene...

...i would like to buy some of that...but i don't know where....hmmm...

...Food can be preserved much much longer when ethlyne gas is at a minimum. Same goes with food in the fridge; it still spoilz becuz there is NO place for ethylene gas to escape! SO...Manufacturers are making better fridges; ones with filters and fridge ventilation;so you'll see better fridges in the future...all thanks to the studey of ethylene.

4)Ventilation-it'z not jus for delivering more C02; it'z also important to rid your growroom of ehtylene gas.

:sad:Sorry for the long thread...but i feel that Ethylene gas is more deadly than growers seem to realize. Remember, it'z 5,000 times more deadly than Carbon Monoxide is to humanz!!!

:shocked:Even on the former Space Station Mir:

1)massive studies on ethylene- growing on a space station is much,much harder than growin indoors! Why? Becuz there is absolutely noplace for the Ethylene gas to go in Space! That is probably the number one problem when growin in space! Basically, millions have been spent studying Ethylene!

After reading so much about Ethylene; i quickly removed my light cover!!! No joke!

:light:Ultraviolet Light:

1)Bad for organics, good for chemical hydro: You can't have organics without a healthy microbe population!!! I've seen those ultraviolet kits at the local fish store...and almost bought one...until i realize that ultraviolets are bad for all Organic farming!

2)Instead-i try to grow as much microbes as i possibly can...in the Billionz!! Cannabis simply rely on microbes; but cannabis can jus "get by" with man made chemicals.

How can i tell the diffrence between good and bad microbes? Easy. Good smelling microbes(aerobic); smell earthy. Bad microbes smell like something jus died(a.k.a,"pathogens"...which happen to produce much,much more deadly ethylene than Aerobes!)! Aerobic microbes are much, much stronger than any Anaerobic microbe by far...so as long as the water is well agitated...your good Aerobic microbe population will Reign...and push out the weaker Anaerobic population.

With the right setup...i believe it'z possible to get the perfect biodynamic setup...

:bug:Sorry for the lecture Useless...i know u don't need one from "moi"; this thread is more fer the Fellow Newbies in this forum.

Everything i've learned about Biodynamics and Hydro; it all came from other articles...none of these ideals i can call my own. I jus simply try to absorb a little information from everyone....

...the netpot idea came from Useless....which i'm very pleased about...thanx Useless....i did consider buying a Biofilter at the fish store....but a netpot filled with humus and guano proved to be the same thing...jus bigger and better!

...I hope you fellow newbies find this thread helpful...

...i'm goin on wk#5 of flowering in Organic Hydro....and they look Fabulous! Honestly, i will never use chemicals on my cannabis EVER AGAIN!!!:affro:

:bong:And also...i still have airbubblers in my growtank. I also have 2 "waterfalls"; coming from my Feeder tube and my Drain!!! I also have air blowin across my water surface!!! Implementing all 3 techiques in my growroom will gaurantee that my roots will never rot....seems to be working so far...:viking:

Thanx fer informing me to where i can get my bar of Silver Useless!!! I've read that this one Bioponic Scientist actually stuck a bar of

silver inside...to address the Ethylene gas buildup problem in the water. This one scientist claims that the silver actually made his crop grow faster!!! So i'm gonnna give that silver bar a try! $8 is cheap...i thought silver would cost more...thanx Useless! I don't buy jewerly...so i don't know much about the prices of silver or gold... :) :light:

(Edited by ismoke2much at 2:59 pm on May 24, 2003)

7. mistical

mistical Blazed and Confused

MMMMMMMMMMM lost [​IMG]?[​IMG]?[​IMG]?/ an stoned safe .

8. mistical

mistical Blazed and Confused

lovely thread rarhhhhhhhhhhhhh rarhhhhhhhhh safe

9. Useless

No worries about the lenght of the post, thats excellent info. My compliments on the research! And don't consider it a lecture, I am here to learn just as much as any newbie.

Again, that is a great great post.

OK, the Silver, I said a "Troy" ounce, which is seven grams of pure silver. It usually comes in a coin shape. Like an over sized silver dollar. I am not sure how much you are looking for since you said a "bar" of silver. Hope that helps you there.

I have massive airation in my ressy, and I keep the lid cracked open about 10% to allow natural gasses to escape. Plus I maintain the atmoshpere like god. Nearly perfect conditions. Maybe the reason I have never had any problems. Knock on wood...

10. hellostupid

:alien:Thanx Useless...never knew what a "troy" ounce of silver was:).

I'm really not sure how much to use....i'll try jus one silver coin to see what happens...much thanx!!!

I've seen your garden....and yes...i am still amazed!!! My God Useless....i jus can't see how you can smoke all that Yield!!!!

I really can't imagine havin all that kind bud all around me...

...does all that bud make you a more heavy toker?

I mean for me...i'm so stingy...i bet i'm the ONLY grower here that still uses a screen on my bowlz! And i usually can get 3 ripz off of one bowl...i mean...i really do smoke it all the way down to the ashe...

...but with a garden like yours....Wow!

Man, do u even take bong ripz anymore! If i had a garden like yours...i'd be rollin' bluntz all the time!!

To be honest, i have Never rolled a Blunt a pure Sinsemilla...someday soon i hope hehe....:viking:

(Edited by ismoke2much at 12:10 pm on May 25, 2003)

11. Useless

I like to roll blunts for "special" occasions. But right after harvest I find a reason excuse for special occasions just about everyday. I really like vaporizing. Part of my garden goes to the cannibus club. The rest is for me, I am a medical user. I only do two - three crops per year.

Make it a chocolate blunt for your first time Ismoke, and grab a glass of cognac or some good scotch whiskey. Thats living! Like a little slice of heaven.

12. hellostupid

13. chopstick

chopstick Chilled out

Thanks for all the info guys, looks like it takes major TLC to run, enjoyed all the reading, it sounds interesting. Still keeping them in soil for now, but will do some more research before thinking about even making the switch.

14. Useless

Well Chop, when you do decide to switch, I am sure it will go good for you. The best thing you can do is research, which you are already starting on. Being knowledgable in a subject usually plays a major role in the outcome of its implementation.

On a side note, how do you spell "Gink-shen" (sp)(spirit) in English? I know the Chinese characters, but have no clue how to spell it in English, obviously!

15. marymaryquitecntrary

marymaryquitecntrary Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

i am SO impressed with you, useless! you give part of your grow to others with medical need!!

you are my hero! :wave:

16. Useless

Thanks Mary. Good Karma, ya know.

As a med patient myself, I understand the need people have. It's cool to grow knowing I am helping other people too.

17. chopstick

chopstick Chilled out

I'll get back to you on that, my Mom will know the exact spelling so I'll ask her when I see her next.

18. hellostupid

:alien:I do think i've discovered why a silver bar would help cannabis grow faster...:

1)Silver-colloidal silver...jus like cannabis...is the safest antibiotic known to man.Fact. Not Fiction. It's so safe that they place colloidal silver upon the eyes of newbornz to treat any infectionz. They can't use any other disinfectant becuz it would make the newbornz go blind.

2)Anaerobes produce the most toxic ethylene gas- Anaerobes produce waay more Ethylene than Areobic microbes(50x-100x more). Silver causes anaerobes to suffucate...and is totally harmless to plants and animals. Silver decreases ethylene production by wiping out the deadly anearobes leaving only the healthy aerobes behind.

3)Silver is the Safest antibiotic on the planet. Jus like Cannabis...it'z in the public domain...it cannot be patented. That'z why in the old dayz...rich people stored their water in silver lined containerz...becuz they knew it would sterilize the water.... :)

Conclusion: the less ethylene producing anaerobes you have...the healthier your cannabis will be. Colloidal Silver kills pathogens. Only 25 ppm of colloidal silver per gallon of water is needed for your plants. [​IMG]

Here'z da Million Dollar Question...

...Why haven't we heard about the wonderful benefitz of the "miracle drug" colloidal silver?

Answer:FDA. They are a corrupt organization created in 1938. Created right after Cannabis was de-legalized!!!Wow...what a coincidence...hmmm...:puke:The pill making companies knew they could not make money off of anything they couldn't patent(like Cannabis?)...so with the co-operation of the FDA...the benefitz of the un-patenable(silver belongz in the public domain...) was kept on the downlow...in our schoolz...in our colleges..."the rabbit hole runz deep..."

Colloidal Silver...like Cannabis...is completely safe!!! Don't let the FDA or Govt. tell u otherwise!!! Remember...the FDA is "governed" by the money game!!! Corrupt as can be!

By tha way, the FDA does not "approve" the use of consumption of colloidal silver! They wrongfully claim that it causes "poisoning"!!! Ask any doctor and they WILL admit that it'z a flat out Lie told by the FDA!!! Don't believe tha hype folkz...

I've seen colloidal silver fer sale fer around $25. I've seen colloidal silver machines fer around $69. Check it out...it might jus be as invaluable as Cannabis itself... :)

:affro::viking:

:smokin:

(Edited by ismoke2much at 2:18 am on June 1, 2003)

19. Useless

Thanks Choppy!

That's prety damn interesting ismoke.

20. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

No doubt..that IS great info 2much. ;)