I have a grow tent. Now what to do?

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by nuggnester, May 11, 2013.

1. nuggnester

nuggnester Pot & Poker Enthusiast

Got my first tent. Pretty psyched. No more corner of a room type shit. So whaqt is the best way to use this bad boy?

Thinking about going vertical bulbs. SO...that changes things a little. I have 2 8" inlines. I think I am going to hand the scrubber in there and use one fan just for that...hang the fan outside of the tent as those things are heavy and I'm not sure I want to weigh down the metal bars. And I guess the other fan I am just going to hook to an 8" piece of duct and run the duct into the tent and let negative pressure do the rest?

I forsee smell leaks because I dont have a sealed reflector system that runs into the scrubber. How do I fix this?

So what is the most ideal way to set up a tent if you are running vertical bulb(s). There are a lot of vents, holes, etc in this thing

2. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Why would you need 2 fans? If you're going vert with the lighting, just hang the light and use one fan to pull air through a passive intake, old hot air from inside the tent through the scrubber and out. Simple as that. As long as you have cool air outside the tent the temps should stay no more than a few degrees warmer than the ambient room temp outside of the tent. All air from inside the tent passes through the scrubber so no smell leaks.

3. nuggnester

That sounds almost too good to be true. You think one inline pulling through a scrubber is enough to always keep temps only a couple degrees above what's outside the tent? Sounds pretty damn good to me

4. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Depends on the cubic footage of the space and the CFM rating on the fan, but yeah. My first grow was a homemade tent. Wood frame with panda film. I used a hood but I set the tent up the same way I described. I had a hood with 6" vents. I hung the hood and mounted my fan and ran duct from one end of the hood to the fan and from the fan to the exhaust port. I had 2 6" passive intakes. My room always ran about 5-7 degrees warmer than the ambient room temp. It got a little warmer than I would have liked a couple times but to be honest the plants didn't really suffer at all and my quality was just a good as it is now with a sealed room running Co2 and A/C. I ran a single 1k watt light in that tent.

5. nuggnester

If i wanted to hand the fan inside of the tent what's the best way to do that? I remmeber seeing rubber pieces that ppl would use to hold the fan up...my vortex is just round with no grips...how did ppl get them safely and securely hung? Cris cross the straps around the edges?

6. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

As long as your exhaust is going outside the room the tent is in one fan will cool it.

I've got one 265m/hr fan exhausting a 400 and a 600 in a 4 by 4 tent. And it exhausts into the same room. The window is open though lol ;)

7. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

use it to dry in

8. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Hey buddy, I haven't forgotten about the tent tips. Just been super busy all the freakin time, but in a few days I will have time to do the guide, with pics and all, to really light proofing your tent. Its a fucking joke that the manufacturers claim their tents to be "100% light proof". A quick light leak test in a dark room proofs the opposite.

9. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Mine glows around the zips but it is 100% light proof inside. Get someone to seal you in and you can't see shit inside the tent.