i made butter

Discussion in 'The 'Kind Kitchen' started by Bigbud214, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

2. that gringo

that gringo Young Bud of GK

Best way to eat butter Midnight!!:thumbs-up:

:pimp:

3. dowork123

dowork123 Delaying gratification!

Lol, I agree....problem is that I can never make butter that doesn't taste like complete ass. So I do not enjoy eating anything I make with it. So I shoot it down....it's strong, just tastes terrible. What the hell am I doing wrong?

4. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

My secret is using vaped buds. I use a vaporizer all the time, so I end up with a lot of vaped buds. I only hit my vaporizer once then I save the toasted buds after each hit. I have a couple pounds of it lying around. It still has some THC and CBD in it, but it's been hit once in the vape so it is kind of toasted. A lot of the ganja flavor is removed and it even has a toasted nutty flavor. I use that to make my butter and my edibles are the BOMB! Everyone that has tried them is always amazed first at the delicious lack of heavy green ganja flavor, and then second at the potency, since they couldn't really taste it they always expect it to be weak.... But then they get super high and can't function! LOL :coolbounce:

I'll agree that when I eat other people's edibles, often times the ganja flavor is too strong and makes the edible unpleasant. In some cases I can taste the ganja flavor in people's edibles but there is little to no potency. I think it all comes down to the butter making process.

I prefer to make mine on the stovetop, no double boiler, no crock pot. I have tried many methods and I like to just put the ganja directly in the butter (2-2 1/2 oz/1lb of butter), in a large saucepan on the stovetop and set the burner to the lowest possible setting and leave it for an hour or two, while occasionally stirring the mixture. Then I strain it through a cheesecloth and put it in the fridge. For long storage you can freeze it.

I then just use it in my Choco Chip Cookie recipe as required by the recipe. So 1 cup of butter per batch of cookies. We pre weigh each cookie (prior to baking) to 1 oz. We get about 3 doz cookies from a batch. 1 cookie puts you on the couch, 2 cookies puts you nighty night. :new_blackey:

5. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

6. that gringo

that gringo Young Bud of GK

that sounds like a good recipe for some strong cookies... i made cookies a while ago and i used 1cup of ganja butter in it, but i ate 1/4 of the cookies in one night and i was pretty couchlocked....but my butter is kinda weak tho....

7. Marcee

Marcee Excommunicated

That's good buddy.

I'll try it soon in my kitchen.

8. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud