Illegal drug manufacturing causes Tracy apartment explosion

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by Midnight Garden, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

http://tracy.news10.net/news/news/93413-illegal-drug-manufacturing-causes-tracy-apartment-explosion

TRACY, CA - The explosion was so big that it shook the surrounding apartments and tenants raced outside to see three people on fire.

"It was a loud boom and the whole building shook. I know everyone felt it," said Paradise Apartments tenant, Mike McClinton.

"I saw two people that were on fire: hair, head, everything," said assistant manager for the apartments, Sandy Venson.

"I saw a guy fly out the window backwards," said tenant Vincent Martinez, who rushed to the aid of the three.

Two men and one woman survived the blast inside the first floor apartment, but suffer from severe burns over their bodies. According to Tracy police, the three people inside were converting marijuana into Butane Honey Oil or hashish when the first explosion occurred in the kitchen.

"It's a very dangerous process," said Patrol Sgt. Tony Sheneman.

"The butane fumes are extremely flammable and any spark can cause a fire."

Tenants rushed outside after the first explosion happened after nine Friday evening. A second explosion went off in the livingroom shortly before firefighters arrived. No other tenants were hurt in the explosions and no other apartment was damaged.

The three people injured in the blast are being treated at UC Davis Burn Center. Police have not made any arrests, but said the three could be facing charges for drug manufacturing.

2. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

That's fucking sad. Because I can buy honey oil down the street legally, and so can they if they get a card. I am also not 100% on this, but I am pretty sure I am legally allowed to make it myself as well.

3. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

Apartment burned down by assholes making drugs.....been there.

Peace.......

4. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

the legality of bho is irrelevent...the proper pressure vessel coding,indoor LPG use, and many other fire codes are not followed when pushing tubes...

5. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

That's a shame. I am quite unfamiliar with making this stuff. All could have been avoided if they bought it legally from somewhere where it's made with safety in mind.

Stash2.0 likes this.
  6. Midnight Garden

Apartment living always scared the shit out of me because you never knew what someone was going to do. I was always afraid someone would be cleaning or playing with a firearm and bang, you're dead. Someone else on this board said they actually did that with a shotgun, just sends chills down my spine even thinking about it.

7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Hits close don't it dlr.

8. Stash2.0

Safe Access could have prevented this...Rep cannagirl..

9. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I was under the impression that in CA, manufacture of BHO and any derivatives was illegal under Prop215 and SB420 because it requires a chemical reaction to extract, which under current MMJ laws classifies it as a chemical controlled substance or some such nonsense. I know it's for sale in all the dispensaries, but this is what I was told when we were first starting our collective. Mechanical extraction was okay, but chemical extraction was not. Not that I agree with that, but I believe that the risk of explosion involved with making the BHO was why they didn't want it to be legal. I could be wrong or my info outdated though. That's the problem with the industry in CA, no regulation and a lot of muddy info surrounding what is and isn't okay. The shittiest part of it all is that it makes MJ users look like meth lab cooks in the eyes of our opponents.

10. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

holy shit.

11. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

That's what I thought too Ras. The proliferation of BHO products in Colo is because of different laws for extraction....at least that was how I understood it. Use was looking at CO2 extraction for the very reason of circumventing the restrictions in Cali against chem extraction.

We had an explosion in a Roseville garage (close suburb) that made headlines around here. Guys were extracting in a closed single stall apartment garage using 20lb butane tanks and pounds of trim. DOH@!:5eek:

12. Midnight Garden

I remember that one in Roseville. Did not know you were from around these parts! I always thought that the chemical extractions were illegal too, but, I can get extracts and oil at my local dispensary too.

13. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

Much to close.

Peace.......

14. Stash2.0

my extractor meets all fire codes and is permittable in the sate of california..

15. that gringo

that gringo Young Bud of GK

I think as long as you arent doing some large scale batch indoors... it should be allowed for personal use as long as it is completely safe.:coolbounce:

16. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Be safe people. Remember: do that outdoors.

The pilot light on your water heater could cause an explosion...

17. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Holy SHIT! AB!! WHat's up dude!?:wtf?::passsit:

18. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Hi Ras! Good to see you. You were gone (taking a break?) the last time I was around.

19. SirStynkalot

SirStynkalot A Fat Sticky Bud

Yeah, fun times. I remember a post back in the day about Stash dialing in his closed extraction system... sounded pretty awesome and heavy duty. If I could get my hands on one of those...

Tbh I gave up butane extraction when I almost blew my own socks off hahaha... I think my front porch has the most expensive paint job ever done for exterior work. Hundreds of dollars of oil.

20. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

But it's not; quite the opposite!