induction lights tesla

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by nobogart, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I also agree!

Make your point, make your counter point, and let it go. No need to argue/bash to this extent.

I think I speak for others when I say nobody wishes you banned, nobogart. We value and appreciate your input at GK :thumbsup:

Keep on Truckin :passit:

2. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Well let me chime in. I've read this entire thread and nobogart, your way out of line! And please don't be stupid and pissy and ask to be banned!:danger:

This thread has provided alot of thought on the subject of this kind of lighting. Everyone has their opinion so if you don't like the responses you are getting in a thread then have it shut down, just don't go off on a member because he knows his stuff and is looking for some solid proof on if these bulbs can produce the same.

I feel that they would be good in a grow where height is a issue, and the plants are flowered smaller, like a sog grow.

Now can we please get back to the light discussion.

3. djdc

djdc Established Healthy Roots

I also was very interested in what these light could add to my veg room. I am needing to upgrade my 3- 4' 4 bulb t5's they don't seem to penetrate very well after 2 months of veg.

Was looking at upgrading to 1- 600 watt MH, LED didn't seem like a good option but this thread and these bulbs caught my attention I didn't want to deal with the heat of a MH all I wanted and it seems most people on here as well is more info and some pics and proof before I dropped 300 on something I would hate, saw so many of my friends go that route with LED's, but the more questions I have asked the more I'm put off by the responses doesn't seem like I'm getting responses from people that have used them and have experience with what they can do in the real world and not what some light manufacturer claims they can do.

anybody have experience with these in veg? would they add suffiecent light added to my t5's? or is the MH really my best option?

4. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

alrighty then, Nobo. Chill and smoke a bowl, take a look at your electrical bill, that will put your mind at ease. Its really sad that you got all sour, cause this thread has been one of the most educational and intersting threads in a long time. But who cares about your emotional insecurities, back to the subject at hand.

From everything I've seen and read in this thread I come to the conclusion: A 300w induction light would be very efficient in a micro grow, but only if the mirco grow is operating for several years (to equal out the high purchasing costs of the light). In a micro grow, plants are flowered early to keep small, so the lack of penetration would not be a factor. Also, having such a cool light would eliminate temperature problems in small spaces. On top of that, most micro growers keep it small for security reasons. So if the lamps put off almost no heat, then you wouldn't need a loud ass exhaust fan, making it even more stealth.

5. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

If its just vegging you want to do buy some big cfl's. A few 100 watts will veg just as well as these lights.

6. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

I'd spot them up in a grow where heat was an issue and I needed supplemental cooling. They seem made for a closet/cabinet CO2 garden. Initial cost is still a factor though.

Hup seems to have the idea, squat bushes. I flower at 75-100w HID per sq/ft already so doing the same with induction lighting with less heat makes sense. Still skeptical but can definitely see a use. Better than I can say for LED's.

7. hupla

hupla cooking dinner

..tho heat burn isnt really the prob but the actual tube is way hotter then expected.

As with other tube lighting the quality of the smoke can be awesome! If spectra etc is tuned. Some growers outperform hps grows even in this.

The biggest plus is the lifespan of these things..a lesser thing is that the tubes and the starters are sold as a set...not separate.

Greets

8. nobogart

nobogart Cured Fat Sticky Bud

9. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

Ha Ha pm me sometime and Ill tell you about double standards.

t6

10. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Yah!

Fuck the Sun!!!

Long live the BEAST!!!!!

FTW!!!!!!:popcorn-2::bduh:

11. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

:popcorn-2: :redbong:

12. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Liked the link. Interesting with the photo sensor.

13. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

From Sunmaster web site

http://www.sunmastergrowlamps.com/SunmasterPARWatts.html

The real math -

HPS lights - ~145 lumens per watt at 30-40% efficiency = 43.5 - 58 "effective" lumen output.

Useful info on PAR lighting from my friend DOC, the owner of Gavita.

I can not find the PAR output of an induction light measured in uMol. Anyone got that info?

From the Phillips lighting web site -

http://www.optimumlighting.com/services/faqs-introduction-lighting/

BTW, Kubby said he was running 1kw 31" from the plant tops. That is ridiculous. In an air cooled reflector 12-18" to prevent light bleaching. Vertical bare bulb I can keep the plants about 9" from the bulb with no issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.