Jackberry x K.O. Kush

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by ducrider, Feb 11, 2013.

1. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Up front is my JBKO Mom that came from the only cutting I was able to root from my last round. I took six cuttings, 5 of which have rooted & are presently in solo cups building roots & doing well. the other three plants behind the Mom are Jackberry X KO Kush too but from seed & are about 3 weeks out of their solo cups. I wasn't sure how may JBKO cuttings would root so I popped my last three JBKO beans as a back up. Of course just about all of the cuttings rooted & I have too many plants. I only have enough room to keep 2 or 3 moms at any one time so I'll be happy with one good female with a different pheno than the one I have now. Something purple would be nice:pimp: If they're all males & it's happened to me before, I have rooted clones waiting in the wings. Either way a spring harvest is in the air.:thumbsup:

[​IMG]

They're still a little groggy after a good nights rest.

2. mickeygee

mickeygee Germinating

Looking great. Cant wait to see the end result. Good luck.

Just curious what size lamp you using that can support all that?

3. ducrider

600 watts

4. ducrider

Well all three of the JBKO from seed were males so no new JBKO pheno for me:BangHead: Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.... I hate killing plants but I only have room for an all girl show. Sure glad I had a mom from the last round to keep Jackberry x KO Kush wagon moving along. 5 healthy clones started their veg period a couple of days ago. that should make for a nice early summer harvest:thumbsup:

Duc

5. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Could you find a place to cross the JBKO male with a female clone? You may be able to get a new pheno that way... (might be fun to see the result at least!)

6. ducrider

Looks like I got the mix right this time:thumbsup:they've been vegging in one gallon smart pots for three weeks now getting nothing buy plain ph'd water. I'll probably put them in their final 3 gal pots in another week & flip the lights the following week. I'd like for them to be well trained & about 20-24 inches tall before the flip. I'm not sure if it's this pheno of Jackberry x ko kush or all the training I do but they don't really stretch as much as I thought they would. It does't show very well in the picture but all 5 of them have a very nice structure, they'll be nice & bushy.

[​IMG]

7. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

Nice!! What do we have a very tall one on the right being tied down?

Bushy............................

t6

8. ducrider

yup, I've had to do that on a few of them to keep the canopy relatively level. The top you're looking at was was pinched and bent over about 140 deg then weighted down with a bit of wire. I'll probably remove the weight this evening & let it curve back up.

thanks for checking in:jj:

Duc

9. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

10. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

It for sure looks like you got your soil mix straightened out. What did you change?

11. ducrider

Nothing with the actually recipe itself but I changed the way I blend the ingredients & was very careful with the measurements this time. Not toking until after the garden work does wonders for the health of my garden:thumbsup:

:passsit:

12. ducrider

Photo bucket video test

Edit: doesn't work

13. ducrider

I was trying to make a video of how I've set up my little farm but for the life

Of me I couldn't get through it in a single take. I'll make another attempt some other time. A still pic will have to do

Here's the brood after about 4 weeks veg time. They've been vegging in one gal pots until last nights transplant into their final 3 gal pot. In another week they'll be ready for the flip. I'm really enjoying this round so far. It's nice to have things (knock on wood) running smoothly for a change. I've had enough garden drama last round to last a lifetime. :icon_confused:

Here they are

[​IMG]

Midnight Garden likes this.
  14. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Gorgeous

Lush. That is all.

:goodjob:

15. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Well worth it.

16. ducrider

Thanks for stopping by.

Res, considering that they've just been transplanted, should I wait an extra week or so before starting with the molasses? in keeping with the "less is more" line of thought I'm concerned about over doing it & causing a toxicity issue. I've been down that road and don't care to travel it again...

Cheers

Duc

17. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

I'd let them be for awhile. Kinda nice for everybody to get used to the new home.

18. ducrider

now that we can store 5000 pics on GK I figured I'd post a few of the garden.

Here're the girls after a longs night rest just a few minutes before sun up. They were about 23" tall when I flipped the lights 3 days ago & I'm hoping that I've trained them enough to keep stretch to a minimum

[​IMG]

and after the light fired up

[​IMG]

Two of the five

[​IMG][​IMG]

19. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Looking good man :not-worthy: I'm glade we got the picture problem fixed. :party5:

20. ducrider

is this what too close to the light looks like

After a weekend on the road I came home to discover that I've somehow forgotten to plug the light back in after tending garden Friday evening. The poor things spent close to 48 hrs in complete darkness and boy did they stretch, almost 2 1/2". it's only been 11 days since I flipped the lights so I'm not too concerned about them being too stress from my Alzheimer's moment.

I really should've moved the light up because I'm pretty sure I've got a case of light burn on my hands. The tops of the plants were only about 3-4" below the glass. lesson learned:BangHead: Just how stressful is burning them with light and not heat to them?

I should add that after transplanting them about 3 weeks or so ago I've not given them anything buy plain ph'd water. While have an RO filter I generally water twice with ph'd well water then once with RO, so far so good. Once I get a ressy set up with an automatic float I'll be using RO full time, until then I'm stuck waiting 2 1/2 hrs to fill up a 5 gal jug. :BangHead:

These pics are all from the same plant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a random show of a different plant showing a yellowing leaf. Anyone see any issues with this one other than one leaf? They all look good to me but I just want check to see if I'm missing something.

[​IMG]

and one of group all trimmed up and ready to make me some bud

[​IMG]

Thanks for stopping by:thumbsup: