Joe's Grows - The AverageJoe Grow Log

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by AverageJoe, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

Very nice :popcorn-2:

2. teachmethewayyy

teachmethewayyy DUBS AND NUGS!!!! VW4LIFE

awesome walk through, you got a sweet setup man, one of a kind with all your little customizations. sweet man cave also, the green looks crazy!

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Dude! Rarely post then BAM! When did you upgrade the lights? You are so dialed....and the Sno-Cap. :thumbs-up: Next time you're in town the cupboard is no longer bare so feel free man.

4. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Ok, now your just trying to show off. [​IMG] Looks great buddy. :redbong:

5. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

6. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

Sure...pics just weren't good enough. You had to go and post a video.

Now I just feel so inadequate.

Peace.....

7. ResinRubber

Ain't it funny? A buddy of mine calls it being a "Bud Slut". Always wanting somebody else's buds.

8. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Very nice set-up :thumbs-up:

How come you don't run the intake all the way to the floor?

9. AverageJoe

AverageJoe papa oom mow mow

Thanks, guys. Just playing around with a new camera and thought I'd share.

I didn't want to cut another hole in the side of my house, so I ran the fresh air vent from the other side of the house and used the fresh air vent for the furnace. There is a 6" inline fan feeding 40 feet of pipe and 3 elbows. Each foot of pipe as well as the elbows adds resistance to the fan reducing total airflow. During the warmer nights I need as much volume as possible to keep temps below 80-85.

As it is, there's not a large amount of air being moved. I tried to keep the overall duct run to the bare minimum to keep the air flow up. The last elbow in the room is just for directional purposes, otherwise it wouldn't be on there either.

I have a fan right in front of the outlet which takes that fresh air and blows it right into the girls.

There is also a passive intake in the room to make up for any pressure differences between the volumes of my two fans. During the lights off times, I have the exhaust fan set up to come on for 15 minutes every 1.5 hours to bring in fresh air several times during lights off.

If I run it this way, and only run my lights at night, I don't have to run my grow room air conditioner at all. :eek:hyeah: This really saved on my electric bill. And because it's a in/out sealed set up, my house temperature is minimally affected by my growroom. Air comes into the sealed growroom, refreshes and lowers the temperature, then goes back outside.

Last night it was 25 degrees outside, and my grow room never got above 74at canopy level. If the supply duct was insulated through the basement, I could probably do better than that. That's measured temperature. The "feels like" temp felt much lower.

10. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Sweet setup Joe. I was suprised at the temps you stated with all that airflow going on in the video.

Your good to go thow. Put a bigger exhaust on that and I bet your temps will go even lower.

t6

11. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

It looks pro, dude. not so average joe :thumbs-up:

12. AverageJoe

That was my dark video to just give a quick look. I should do a more in depth look at my set up. It's definitely evolved over the last couple years.

13. AverageJoe

So, I'm doing something a little different this round.

I have a couple of 3' x 3' SCROG screens that I made not long ago, and instead of doing the usual 4-6 plants under them, I'm doing just 2 big plants.

I've been vegging these for a little while now and just flipped the switch on them a few days ago.

Trainwreck and Snowcap. TW is under a 600 and SC is under a 400. Both with overlapping coverage.

By the time they get done stretching I should be able to fill in most of the screen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trainwreck

[​IMG]

Snowcap

[​IMG]

14. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

:popcorn-2::thumbsup:-Bud

15. ResinRubber

Yum! Snoooooo Cap. (best Homer Simpson voice)

16. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

2 nice strains! :thumbsup: They're really filling that screen up. I like your screen! :thumbsup:

17. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I'm in to watch this one AJ. :coool: :popcorn-2: :popcorn-2:

18. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

:popcorn-2::passsit:

19. SMARMY

SMARMY Cuban Bee

:popcorn-2:

20. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

Cant wait to see the finished product. Looks like they'll be big beasties!