La Niña ~ El Niño Comparison grow.

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by Gratitude, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

04-04-10 56 days 12/12

The Clone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This last one is just so that you can see how short she is.

[​IMG]

2. Gratitude

04-04-10 56 days 12/12

#7 - Didn't get many good pics this time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've been checking some trichs and there's really only a hint of cloudy so I'd say at least 2 more weeks.

Grat

TheCarpenter and lukesmommy like this.
  3. insaneface

insaneface Begun Flowering

Looking good Grat.....

I know you smoked both already and what did you honestly think? Was it a big diff? taste wise and smell wise? I can tell they grew diff.... but i just wanted your honest opinion on it... keep us posted with those bomp pics man i love this thread..... keep up the good work Grat.....

4. Gratitude

insaneF - I've only tried an early sample w/ the vape of #'s 11,7 &13.

Almost no cloudy trichs so I know it's not an accurate test.

Very different in flavor and aroma to be sure.

#11 made me giddy, I hope that is retained @ maturity.

I'm gonna wait to attempt to describe them till harvest anyway.

Thanks for checking in and for the kind words.

Grat

5. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

JINKIES GRAT!!! :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

They get better and better every time i check in on this thread! Awesome grow my friend!

I just bent one of my Walhalla's like you have yours- now i can only hope my production looks like that- KILLER!!!

Peace

-LM

6. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Grat I love this picture it looks like a scorpion I sure hope the smoke stings you when it's cured-Bud

[​IMG]

7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Way uniform in structure Grat. Being that you get to see them up close and personal....any serious differences? Number 11 looks to have a little better leaf to calyx ratio but that's about all I can pick up on.

Nice work, cheers,

8. retiree

retiree A Fat Sticky Bud

So sorry I haven't been here Much earlier. Very nice work Grat.!! Key word - work. It's work enough to manage everything without giving us all a clear pictorial and editorial of everything. Many thanks to you sir! I only found this thread yesterday and just finished reading it from the beginning. So clear to see that there is no possible way for these two strains to be of the same lineage. I am so glad that you got something worthwhile out of the first round. Just couldn't imagine puttin that much work into something to get nada. You couldn't have more clearly demonstrated that GHS is not to be trusted. Glad to see you now have plants that show good signs of providing what you are looking for and what you Paid for. Thanks Mr. Gratitude. I promise I won't be tardy for class again.

Retiree

9. SidVicious

SidVicious Developed Alternating Nodes

Man, that stuff is coming along nicely. Good work. Very pretty buds there. :cool-pix::thumbs-up::potleaf-3:

10. SMARMY

SMARMY Cuban Bee

#11 and #12 look very hazey:droooling: . Keep up the good work:bong-2:

11. Gratitude

Thanks everybody!

LM - I much prefer bending early, but I had no idea that these would stretch this much. I hope yours was bent early enough for the yield benefits in addition to height control (which is reason enough).

Thanks and Good Growing!

Bud - I hadn't noticed that! If only it wasn't so yellow I could enter it in the calendar contest j/k. And yes, I'm hoping for the sting too:thumbs-up:

Res - The biggest differences that I can see from here are just in bud structure/formation. After thinking about it, I'm pretty sure that the yield (at least from visual analysis) pretty much follows the order in which I bent them over. The earlier (#7) the better. But there is a little bit of variation in bud girth.

Retiree - Welcome and Thanks. I gotta say after documenting back-to-back grows on 2 forums (MNS) I'm looking forward to a break. I'll still post pics of the next round to be sure but likely fewer and farther between. Documenting your grow is a really great learning opportunity as well so don't be shy!

SidV - Cheers man:beerchug-2:

Smarmy - Thanks for stopping by, I'm pretty excited about them:flyy:

Hope they don't need too much more time. I've never taken any past 70 days and I'm thinking this may be the batch that breaks that. I'll be checking individually though.

I'll keep you posted:thumbs-up:

Grat

12. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Looking good dude.

Keep us informed with a smoke report/comparison.

13. Gratitude

You can count on it.

Maybe one more pic update before harvest, they are getting tough to move.

Exquisite aromas greet you when the cab door opens, if you touch it, it's almost like honey on your fingers. Pulled a bud of #13 last night to dry on the modem and my fingers smelled like Grape Bubblegum.

Good things coming! Yesterday was 63 days, a week or 2 should do it.

Grat

14. Gratitude

Hey every body :hello:

Just watered the girls and checked the trichs. Looking like 70 -75 days should be good! Today is 66 days. #s 7,10 & 13 are slightly more mature than 11, and 12, but they are all pretty cloudy with the first 3 showing a few amber.

I'm gonna take the El Niño down as soon as I get the chance, prob Thurs. It's looking pretty bad. It's right next to the fan in my cab and it get's blasted pretty good, lot's of leaf curl but you'll see soon enough.

Just wanted to update because I'm excited:droooling:

Grat

15. Gratitude

Last El Niño pics 4/16/10

Hey all, finally gonna finish this comparison, thanks for your patience.

The El Niño A clone wasn't nearly as impressive as it's mother. I'm sure that part of that is just what it was growing next to.

The El Niño A clone had some bananas.

I'm thinking I'll let it go now. While it was a blessing to have last run, it's not worth keeping IMO.

It was positioned right next to the fan and it dried out a bit.

I'd planned to let it go a little longer but it was so crispy looking that I just cut it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still a pretty plant, still great trich coverage...but it's what's inside the trichs that matters. This plant held up to some of the plant's I've grown in the past but now that the comparison is done, I know it's just a waste of space.

Yes I'm dropping hints:thumbs-up:

More to come...

Grat

P.S. Just over 18g dried. Not too great.

16. Gratitude

4/19/10 La Niña #7 Harvest

This plant had the most indica looking bud structure of the group, unfortunately, it was the least impressive high of the group. Fortunately, it still blows the El Niño out of the water. Trich coverage is intense on all 5 pheno's.

There was a good degree of uniformity in smell/taste in these plants. Only # 13 stands out as different/better. It's a citrus/piny/disinfectant sort of thing, underscored by mild skunk. Pleasant and unique. Always get's a comment when ppl taste it cause it's not like anything that goes around here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Gratitude

This was the last to be trained/bent and as a result the main cola got less light than the others, it was also the slowest grower.

I almost discarded the clones of this plant because it seemed the weakest specimen but damn, I'm glad I didn't.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was while sampling #10 that I first realized that ONE good hit made me feel tingly in my fingers and toes...within 60 seconds. Luckily, it's not the only pheno that does that :droooling:

18. Gratitude

#11 71 days Harvest

Forgot to mention that I took the La Niña down @ 71 days of flower.

#11 also exhibits the exquisite characteristics in the high.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Much better cola on this one. I love the hazy bud formation!

19. Gratitude

#12 71days Harvest

#s 12 and 11 are the most similar in growth and appearance, not able to determine which I like better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10, 11 and 12 have an equally haze-influenced, high experience.

20. Gratitude

4/19/10 La Niña #13 71days Harvest Pics

#13 stands out for it's aroma/flavor. The high is not quite as good as 10,11 & 12 but it's still outstanding. It's got all the flavors/aromas that the others do, (citrus/piney/disinfectant, light skunk) but it's got something else too, like artificial watermelon flavoring.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

daytrypper and ResinRubber like this.