LumiGrow ES 600w Challenge

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by calibuddz, Nov 25, 2009.

1. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Great show cali. Thanks for taking the time to go thrue this!!! I too would like to see this redone under a scrog setup where the plants would be low and under a net. could make quite a differance.

:beerchug-2:

Teamster6

2. retiree

retiree A Fat Sticky Bud

This is my first post Cali. I've been following the whole time though. :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: :not-worthy: This is a First Class Thread. And you are a First Class Grower!!! You took the time and spent Your own money to educate a bunch of folks you don't even know by name. My hat's off to you Bro. My personal opinion of your show is that you proved that led can do more than just veg. You proved that it can perform nearly as well as HPS. And most importantly you proved that one can significantly reduce the risk of being detected by undue heat transmissions from their grow and still grow effectively. The price of those units is out of the ballpark for now and the technologhy is obviously improving. Another five years and who knows. This is the BEST thread I've ever had the pleasure of reading. Thank you again for all your hard work and expense. Now Smoke some of those results!!!! ;)

Retiree

3. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

Did you just read the same thread as me? :icon_confused:

4. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I have to disagree Retiree.......he made a very newb mistake by misusing the bushmaster, he had a fairly large amount of bud rot

Now dont get me wrong, I appreciate his efforts greatly and it did show some positives of LEDs and the man does have some skills growing

As far as heat transmissions, if you got a chopper overhead then you got screwed months, possibly years ago by word of mouth

Not arguing at all, i jus love a good debate on our important topics

5. calibuddz

calibuddz Veggy Stage

this is great, these are good discussions. thanks for chiming in.

as far as the 'newb' mistake, i have been using bushmaster for 5 years. i have NEVER had any issues with the recommended dosage. i was smart last round by only using half. i still could have used the 5ml and gotten away with it. the problem was that with pots, you have to use way less. i have done lots of research and questioning, and found out that most growers using pots only apply 1-2ml.

as for the bud rot, i didnt lose that much to it. only 2 buds. but what it did do, was force me to take the tops at a much earlier time. they could have grown a good amount more. thats where the loss in yield was. i had 20 grams from the tops, and 110 grams from the bottoms. it was pretty piss poor for a 600w HPS. i was expecting at the least a 1/2 lb from each side. the bushmaster really fucked up their world. my mistake was not using a salt leaching solution, such as clearex, when flushing the pots.

anyways. you guys are awesome. im having fun with this shit. i set up the next test. i will be starting it up in no time. im going to have various strains running this time. the ES units complement the HPS very well. this one is gonna be off the hook, hehe.

6. retiree

retiree A Fat Sticky Bud

As a noob myself I can't comment on the bushmaster other than to say I find it interesting that All plants under HPS tolerated it more than All plants under LED. I believe that there is something more to be learned throuth this than Cali made a mistake. What I infer from this is that the overall health and disease resistance of a plant under HPS(any HID?) is greater than that of a plant grown under LED. This leads me to believe that there is still something missing in the spectrum of the LEDs. Cali's "mistake" is actually an added side benefit of this thread in that we were able to see how the plants under equal conditions would react to an adverse condition.

Yep Skuzz. Same thread. Possiblly a different perspective though. And I agree that the g/w is abysmal. However this g/w was achieved under equal conditions for both systems of lighting. Whatever held the overall yield back applied to both led and hps. Some aspect of the grow retarded the yield on Both sides of the PF.

Retiree

7. SidVicious

SidVicious Developed Alternating Nodes

Thanks for all the hard work. I've enjoyed watching this thread and the discussion that has come out of it. The take home lesson for me is that the lower heat and lower intensity light make stickier, tighter buds, which is a bonus for me. I'd give up 10% production for what I think of as higher quality buds any time. I may not switch right away, but its a thought for later.

:thumbs-up::cool-pix:Thanks again:potleaf-3:

8. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

The only reason the HPS didnt yield its full potential was the veg time. If you flower a plant at under a foot your yield will suck, regardless of lighting system!

To be fair this same experiment should be carried out again, but this time no bushmaster and flowering should start a 2 feet minimum. That run will show the LED's MAJOR weakness and the HPS will yield a respectable g/w.

9. teachmethewayyy

teachmethewayyy DUBS AND NUGS!!!! VW4LIFE

if they were way cheaper id grow with only LED just to have tight squat plants and less heat and no heat signature.(sometimes i hear my fans and worry its a helicopter for a minute. weird, i know) i personally love led grows. pave the way man.:thumbs-up:

10. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Thanks Cali for all your work ,time, & money It was a great show I can't wait for the next-Bud

11. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

:lmao: Lay Off The Meth!!!

12. teachmethewayyy

teachmethewayyy DUBS AND NUGS!!!! VW4LIFE

no really man, helicopters fly over my house at least 4-5 times a week it seems like and i always think they are up to no good. im a little over paranoid sometimes....

13. shaitand

shaitand The Dark One

They probably are up to no good. Quick, harvest everything you've got and send any bud to me. Flush the rest. QUICK QUICK QUICK before they raid you!!!!

:passsit: