making hash from plant matter

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by Steve O, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Steve O

Steve O Full Flowering

well this season, i seem to have an abundance of males, unlucky me, i know. well i topped one male and chopped another. i have the plant matter inside a ziploc bag. now i know hash is made from the trichomes, but is it possible to get anything from these?

i was thinking i could use them for SOMETHING... i mean make pot milk, or make hash, somethin... but before i went experimenting with something i dont know much about, i thought i'd run it past you guys first.

i'd rather consume them than throw them away. it seems like such a waste of my time and effort raising them to just let them fuckin rot inside a trashbag.

:cool:

2. Outdoorchronic

Outdoorchronic Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

take all of your male matter and boil it at low temps wit some butter let it chill at to brownie mix...bax brownies and enjoy:eek:

3. Chief Smokingbud

Chief Smokingbud Hash Engineer

That's a good start let me see if i can break it down further. I harvest an average of a 1/2 lb every 2 months (3-4 plants). In my experience the fact males produce very little if any thc, the time and trouble processing them is not worth it. You would be lucky to get 1% from them using a tumbler, screen,bubble bags or making honey oil. I realize that for a new grower that would be lucky to have one female make it to harvest or have more males than females, would want "something" back from their hard work. I would suggest what OC suggested. But again let me emphasize don't expect much

4. Steve O

Steve O Full Flowering

well i'm not exactly a new grower, but i've never fucked with males before. i mean... i guess it's just me, but when i grow 6 plants and end up with one female, i get pissed. i'm gonna be lucky to pull an ounce from this ENTIRE grow. now i'm not sitting here getting picky with you guys, i'm merely saying that all these fucking males are pissing me off. and i'm gonna consume them. one way or the other.

maybe i'll see how much goodness i can pull out of them, then come back with the results.

brb.

5. Chief Smokingbud

Chief Smokingbud Hash Engineer

Steve-o, i understand the frustration. I'm from the school of thought that environmental conditions affect the male-female ratio. I know when i have my system dialed in i have around 90% females. Are you still growing 6 plants under a 160 watt cfl and 85 watt fluro?

6. Steve O

Steve O Full Flowering

nah, it's flowering now, and i have my 2 females, together under the combined 245 watts.

7. Ganja Gary

Ganja Gary Veggy Stage

one word......... CLONES!

8. high priestess

high priestess Germinated

^^^what he and chief said....priestess