MJ 'a la carte' Cooking etiquette

Discussion in 'The 'Kind Kitchen' started by Cybele, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Cybele

Cybele Working with MotherNature

Cooking with MJ can at times be a case of trial and error but TBH eating MJ a la cart is the way to do it and just like you wouldnt put tomatoe kethcup in an italian authentic spaghetti bolognese the same goes with MJ,only cook with the right ingrediants.
    The following cooking recipes is from my fav online MJ cookbook,its the Chef Ramsay of MJ dining etiquette,lol.:icon:wink:Heres the link if you enjoy the offerings i have picked out that i can reccomend,MJ cooking is a passion as i dont like smoking too much in the home.Besides the way to a mans heart is via his stomach..if ya throw in marijuana with that then you got the way not only to his heart but to everywhere else aswell:icon_wink: Enjoy your meal now!:icon_smile:

*Recipes gathered from The smoking ettiquette guide*

Cooking With Pot

Why would you want to cook with weed? Well, there are a couple of reasons that come to mind:

1) Different high. Eating weed produces a different high than smoking weed does. Some describe it as "deeper" or as having more of a body sensation.

2) Sore throat. When you throat is feeling a little scratchy or flat out raw, you may not feel like smoking weed to get high.

3) Smell. If you are afraid that someone will smell pot on your breath or on your clothes, eating pot offers a valuable alternative.

4) Taste. This may be a shock to you, but some people don't enjoy the taste of weed when smoked. If you are one of these people, you can see how eating the weed in a sweet food will help to mask the taste and still get you high.

Don't expect to get high right away when eating pot in food. The high usually takes 40-60 minutes to fully "creep" up on you. Also, if you consume a lot, don't expect to do much the rest of the day. Eating pot can really burn you out.

Why Pot Butter?

Cooking with pot butter allows you the freedom to eat your weed without biting into any stems and seeds. Why would you spend so much time[​IMG] cooking a desert just to have it ruined by the suspended scraps of weed? By following the recipe at the bottom of this page, you will be able to create one batch of pot butter (figure 9.1) to be used in any recipe you like. You can use the recipes I have given or create your own, but the key is to have fun.

For Best Results

For best results, don't smoke weed before eating your marijuana treats. You be will tempted to break out your best piece while waiting for the high to kick in; try to hold out. When you realize you are high (and haven't smoked herb all day) it's really cool!

Chronic vs. Stress

When cooking with marijuana it is recommended that you use a low to medium grade harvest. This may seem contrary to what you have read thus far, but good weed is simply too expensive to eat and the "high" produced by consuming quality weed is not worth the extra cost. Save your chronic for another day.

How to Make - Chronic Chip Brownies

Ingredients: [​IMG]
    3/4 cup pot-butter (softened)
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    3 eggs
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    3/4 cup sugar
    3/4 cup (firmly packed) dark brown sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 (12 ounce) package (2 cups) of chocolate morsels

Directions:[​IMG]
    1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2) In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt (set aside).
    3) In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract (beat until creamy).
    4) Add eggs (one at a time), beating well after each addition.
    5) Gradually add flour mixture and mix well.
    6) Stir in the chocolate morsels.
    7) Spread evenly into a well-greased 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan.
    8) Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
    9) Cool and cut into 2-inch squares.
    Makes 32 (2-inch) squares

How to Make - Rice Creeper Delights

Ingredients:[​IMG]
    3 tablespoons pot-margarine*
    1 (10 ounce) bag regular marshmallows
    6 cups crisp rice cereal
    1 (12 ounce) package butterscotch pieces

Directions:
    1) Melt the margarine in a large sauce pan over low heat.
    2) Add marshmallows and mix until completely melted and then remove from heat.
    3) Immediately add the cereal and stir until coated.[​IMG]
    4) Mix in the butterscotch pieces.
    5) Press the mixture into a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
    6) Chill. Cut into 2-inch squares when cool.
    7) "Enjoy my friends...enjoy."

Makes about 20

*Pot tip #9:

Make the pot-margarine just as you would make the pot butter.

How to Make - Buzznana Bread

[​IMG]

Ingredients:[​IMG]

1/2 cup pot-margarine
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    3 bananas (very ripe)
    1/2 sour cream or milk
    1 cup sugar
    2 eggs
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
    1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    2) Beat the margarine, eggs, sour cream (or milk), and sugar in a large bowl.
    3) Add baking soda and vanilla.
    4) Add flour slowly while beating.
    5) When mixed, add the bananas and beat until mostly smashed.
    6) Place in a greased loaf baking pan and bake for one hour.

Makes 1 loaf
    Hint:

Add walnuts for texture.
    [​IMG]

2. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

SWEET,,,,,love this thread girly

High :wave:

Dunno how I missed this thread but damn girl this is outstanding....kudos to you for the step by step instructions with pictures!!!

I think this would be a GREAT FAQ but being it is in the cooking section I am sure all will be able to find it. I always sucked at cooking with mj>>>never got the cannabutter right but will try your way. :D My one frd always makes me cookies and brownies .....really yummy ones to. Seems I always either burned the butter OR it just came out all funky.

Thanks so much for this thread>>>I think maybe the mods could put a sticky so it does not get lost. ;)

Huggles to ya g/frd~Mermaid

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

A very very late addition to a nice thread

I like to cook with all my fan leaves and large trimmings..including discarded males. In my home they have more than once been an unsupected ingredient served as tablefare.

My favorite recipe is to use them as a substitute in Calaloo. Kind of an island version of collard greens. Great side dish for shrimp or any hearty fish. With this recipe no one gets ripped. You just end up with an overall feeling of relaxed contentment. The effect it can have as a social lubricant on a group is wonderful. Recipe is as follows.

Jamaican Steamed Calaloo (MJ)

Ingredients:

4 cups of firmly packed chopped callaloo (substitute MJ fan leaves plus trimmings or leaves of male...must be fresh!)

1/4 cup water

1 medium-sized onion, chopped

1 medium tomato, chopped

3 large clove garlic, chopped

1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or one habenero pepper, chopped with seeds(depending on taste. I like mine spicy

1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves

dash of salt

2-3 tablespoons butter

Clean callaloo (MJ) and chop. If using MJ do not clean in water. Any loose trychomes will be lost. Simply pick out any debris or bad leaf material and twigs.

In a large pot add the butter and 1/4 cup water. Put four cups of firmly packed chopped callaloo (MJ) on top. Add the remaining seasonings on top of the callaloo (MJ) DO NOT STIR. Cover the pot and place on a medium/low flame. Once the mixture comes to a boil steam for roughly an additional six minutes or until pieces of the callaloo (MJ) are tender. The callaloo (MJ) must stay green. Any discoloration towards brown means the callaloo is being overcooked.

Gently stir mixture and serve.

Best served as a side dish with any seafood and fried plantain or breadfruit for vegetarian.