Mr. Nice Shark Shock Grow

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by rasganjah, Nov 16, 2011.

1. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Within 36 hours I had 100% germination. I changed the plan a little and instead of putting them into peat based seed starter, I used Rockwool starter plugs soaked in R/O water. Once they come up and have a set of leaves, I will plant them directly into the 2 gal. Smart pots with the Roots Organics soil.

T6- this is the first time I have done any Mr. Nice from seed. I have Super Silver Haze but I acquired it as a clone. I'm interested to see how stable these genetics are. Germination rates are great, so that's one plus. So far so good. Stay tuned and things should get rolling pretty quickly.

2. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

They are up and I put them in cups. The soil is a mix of Roots Organics 707 and Jiffy Organic Seed Starter Mix. I lost one of them so now I have 7 little Shark Shock seedlings.

[​IMG]

3. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Good luck! Hope you find a 8 weeker! I have about 40 Shark Shock seeds and not knowing the growing time on them has kept me from starting any for about a year now. I will definitely will be keeping my eyes on this.:cool:

4. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Good start buddy... looking forward to what you can do with Mr Nice genetics.

5. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

A quick update on the Shark Shock seedlings. They are all doing well. They do seem to have some mites though!! DAMN IT! I hate Spider Mites!!! I thought I had gotten rid of them completely but apparently I need to get on top of treatments again. They will all get a treatment of Flora Mite later today and the follow up treatments of AzaMax as will all my other plants. I will be transplanting them later today into 2 gal. smart pots with Roots Organics 707 soil. They have not received any feedings yet. They appear fairly uniform so far, but it's still early.

[​IMG]

6. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

They look great thats the shits about the mites.

t6

7. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Thanks t6. I gotta get my scope out and take a look and make sure they are spider mites. I don't see the telltale white spots on the leaves, but I noticed what looked like dirt specks on the underside of some of the leaves. They are healthy either way and I have been dealing with them for almost as long as I have been growing. I'll get it handled.

8. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

The Shark Shock plants are coming along nicely. They are ready to be cloned and sexed so that will happen this week. They are already smelling really nice. Some are skunky and some are citrus. I can't wait to flower these girls out. I know I will get some awesome smoke. I hope I get at least 3 or 4 females from the 7 of them. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

:passsit:

9. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Are those felt grow bags?

I used felt grow bags for my last outdoor grow.

10. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Nice looking plants Ras. as always a good start from a ganja guru. Keep up the great work buddy:popcorn-2:

11. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

They are Smart Pots. They are reusable cloth (probably thick felt) pots and they are great. I can grow a plant for a long time without root bound issues. They air prune the roots and create a really fibrous root mass. I use 2 Gal. to flower and for my big mommas I use 5 Gal.

BB-Thanks brother. They are doing pretty good. A few signs of early deficiency are visible on the lower leaves, but they have recovered and are getting regular feedings.

12. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

Lookin' good rasganjah

I probably said before but Shark Shock is one of my fav strains and great for insomnia. Beware of the smoke though as it can be very skunky.

13. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Nice!

Damn man those plants are gorgeous! Thanks for posting this up. Great match up of guru growin and good genetics. Its a 4G thread for sure :thumbs-up:

14. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Thanks for the compliment FF, I'm trying to do it right. Thanks for checking in on my thread.

They have all shown their pre flowers now and out of the 7, I ended up with 5 females. Fairly uniform. Some are more potent smelling than others. I am excited to see what they look like once I get them flowering. I did a bit of defoliating just before these pics to allow the lower branches to get a bit of light. they are now under the MH light and I will take clones in the next couple days and let them veg just a bit longer before I flower them out for a test run to select my mom or moms. A couple of them are a bit overfed, I accidentally gave them food when I meant to give them plain water, but they will eat up a bunch of nutes now that they are under the MH light. All in al I am very happy with everything so far.

A group shot. The plant in the back left corner is Kryptonite

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There they are. :passsit:

15. friendlyfarmer

Hey Ras, good ratio of males/females. Let's hope you get a keeper for a mom.

I was checking out your photo gallery - nice veg room :thumbsup: It's funny how we all have a little Command Central, where all the small, important stuff piles up, like on the corner of your storage rack

That's where I'll set my beer and :popcorn-2:

:passsit:

16. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Hey ff, thanks for stopping in. I was stoked to get that ratio of M-F. I have 10 more seeds. I hope I get that good of a ratio on those too. I'm sure I will get something worth keeping out of these 5, but what I am specifically looking for is an Idica dom, with a fast flowering time of somewhere around 8 weeks. Hopefully I will get what I'm looking for from these 5 and I can just hold onto the other 10 for down the road.

I just got the veg room situated with the new flood table for vegging and I'm happy with the setup. I was stoked that I didn't have to move my shelving out of the room to accomodate the flood table. You gotta have an area for all the stuff. I have another shelf in the bathroom across the hall with all my nutrients and additives. I like to share the room setup, cuz it helps others to see what others are doing. I searched for a long time looking for good pics of people's rooms when I was first setting up my space, but it was hard to find many that showed anything other than shots of the flower area showcasing the plants, but not really giving a good picture of how their room was actually setup.

Anyway... I'm feeling irie and I'm rambling. Thanks for the reply. :passsit:

17. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Can't wait to see them flower, they are looking good Ras

18. friendlyfarmer

I grew GWS from GHS, and it was great smoke. I'm really interested to see the difference between Mr. Nice and what I had. The biggest drawback to GHS is you have to wear spandex bike shorts and lay on your side to smoke it. :rofl:

19. TheCarpenter

TheCarpenter member

That's nothing, you should see what Useless makes you do if he catches you smoking it around him.

[​IMG]

-tC

20. JesseJamesBond

JesseJamesBond Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Good one TC!!! :thumbsup: