My "first" grow

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by toshin, Aug 27, 2016.

1. toshin

toshin Active Member

I used to grow about 10 years ago, just getting back into it now. This is my first grow since then, indoor DWC with LED lights. A few weeks into flowering, this is the lady that was left. Started with 4 seeds, 2 failures, one male, and this wonderful lady. I have a couple clones that I started when I switched them. Starting off was a little rough getting PH and PPM set. I learned much from this so far looking forward to applying the knowledge to future grows.

2. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Nice looking plant. Welcome aboard , I will be watching your grow.

3. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Good looking plant & welcome to our little corner of the Internet.

4. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Whatz the strain?

5. toshin

toshin Active Member

Thanks all for the warm welcomes.

Not sure on the strain, I lost where I wrote it down. These were from a neighbor, a few good seeds. Indica heavy hybrid. So far this one is turning out nice, very frosty and starting to turn purple. Today I checked the PH and took some new pictures. The first pictures were take on 8/25. These I took recently. I'm hoping only a couple more weeks until harvest time.

6. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Looking good! Glad to have you here at GK. :smileys-passing-joint: Your plant looks nice and healthy.

7. toshin

toshin Active Member

Here the clones I have. They were taken early into flowering and are back on a 20/4 light cycle. The light used is much less powerful than the main lights, still LED. One of the clones hasn't taken well to reverting and is showing some odd growth patterns. The other you can see is just short and nice.

They are currently being just slowly maintained in this chamber. Usually has a dome covering it as well. I don't have a larger space for them yet and the main room is running 12/12. My expectation is that the nicer of the two is going to be a mother plant and in a few weeks I'll take enough clones fill my main growing space with females. They don't look too healthy currently because they are being maintained on low light and nutrients so I don't run out of space too quick.

For those interested in details, main room:
    - 2x "600w" 9 band galaxy hydro lights
    - 2x 15 gallon tubs with holes for 5" netpots
    - hydroton media
    - DWC with air stones
    - FoxFarm nutrients

Clone chamber:
    - cheap 4 band led floodlight for plants
    - cheap plastic cloning tub and heating pad
    - miracle grow houseplant food and tapwater as the tops of the grow media starts drying

8. bigbudztoo

I suspect we will be seeing some entries from you in the
    Bud Pic contests we have. Looking good.

9. toshin

toshin Active Member

Looking through the posts, looks like there may be one this upcoming month? I should have some really good pictures by then. I don't know this strain or how long it is going to take, hopefully a quicker one. I'm going to be watching and waiting - barely 3 weeks into flowering currently.

10. bigbudztoo

Mr GJ can answer that one. The new forum is cruising along good . Usually every 2-3 months from my observations. I would expect one before too long.

11. toshin

toshin Active Member

One last picture a little blury because my flash wasn't working. This lady isn't very tall, but is very dense. I upped the nutrients again, and trimmed back most of the fan leaves. Raised the lights again as a couple leaves were burning. I think this will be my last post on this thread, I'll start a grow log over in that area for the rest.