New Bong!!!! Hahahaha!

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by rasganjah, Dec 15, 2010.

1. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I finally got a new bong! I have really been wanting a new one for a while The HVY I have been using is really small and straight with no bubble so it holds like 2 oz. of water and gets super dirty really fast. It's a good travel bong, but not smooth enough for everyday use. So I hit the local Smoke Shop yesterday to shop for a new piece. I wanted to spend no more than $150.00, preferably less. I wanted a piece that would hit smooth and was made from high quality glass. I was less concerned with the artwork or colors of the piece. So after looking for quite a while I decided on this PURE GLASS Beaker style piece. It's made of scientific grade Pyrex glass I believe. It's plain clear glass with the the words PURE GLASS frosted on the front of the tube. It's about a 12" tube with a nice sized beaker shaped bubble at the bottom. I bought a couple cool stickers to throw on it since it was so plain, but it hits great. It "milks" up a good thick hit and then clears like a shotgun blast, really quickly. It also has an Ice Pinch at the bottom of the tube. The best part was that it was only a $100.00! So early Christmas present for the Ganjah Family. :thumbs-up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyway, if any of you have a new piece, feel free to show it off! :thumbs-up:

:bong-2:

2. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Nice bong. I like them thick and simple. I knew a guy with a bong that had this giant glass iguana or lizard of some sort on the outside. It was pretty as HELL, cost a lot, but also HEAVY like you would not believe. One drop and that whole thing would have popped into a million pieces.

Just got this little spooner a few weeks ago. My wife picked it up at a random gas station in town for $11! Not the thickest, but it is now my traveling bowl for the car.

[​IMG]

3. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I like that pipe and the colors are cool. my favorite color combination is blue and Orange. My little straight HVY is blue and orange. You always need a pipe for the car. We have a nice Chameleon Glass pipe that is Rasta Colored and Super thick. Hits great.

Yeah this piece is nice and thick, it's got weight to it. It's glass on glass down stem and bowl. Hits clean quick and smooth. I like the beaker style better than a round bubble, unless it's a double bubble, for some reason double bubble bongs tend to hit nice and clear well. I hate it when a bong "swirls" too much and doesn't clear quickly and the smoke gets stale. These Pure Glass bongs are designed to be good hitting and practical not so much flashy and artistic. My next piece will probably be one of 3 brands, either another Pure, or a Left Coast, or an Illadelph. No matter which one it's going to have a percolator for an even smoother hit. I almost bought a Left Coast that had a percolator but it was $184, a little much right now.

4. LionLoves420

My first Sherlock was blue and orange, awesome piece, but was broken by being hit in a random spot. Was one of the type of glass that the shop owner offered to throw it against the wall before you bought it, but apparently there was one fault line in it.

Lion's Lady uses a straight one hitter in her car, and I had another spooner in mine, but we like to use it inside, lol, so she got me that one.

As for bongs, we have a nice ass Grafix that we only pull out when we break out the money for the good weed. One thing I can't take is swag in a bong, too harsh. :thinks to self, "One more month till you plant....":

5. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Ohhh Damn Brother! I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were puffin on shwagg! That sucks brother. You gotta get to growin' man.

Graffix huh?? I haven't heard that name brand in a while. I actualy owned a nice graffix 2 ft double bubble back in the day, it had a ceramic base in the shape of Howard the Duck smoking a blunt with bloodshot eyes. I also had some Graffix T shirts and some Jerome baker T shirts too. I still have a cool Jerome Baker that I'm retiring to the display case.

6. LionLoves420

I am waiting to renew my lease so I don't have to see the caretaker for a year. My landlords live outside of LA, so I have no worries about them, and the dude we deal with here is the brother, and he hangs out with people I toked with in college. But I've got some good genetics that I can't wait to show off.

The good stuff is around here, but somewhere between 2001 and 2009 prices went fuck wild in this city and I am not willing to pay $120/quarter when it used to be $80.

7. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Oh damn I am jealous!

I am about to go buy a new one today. It's time. I go six months vape six months bong. I smoked my old one last night, yeah, it'g bong time again....

I can't have expensive ones. I am an EXTREME clutz. But my neighbor has one she got around the corner at a dispensary that sells pieces....I must have one! It's a mini "Zong". I will love it :)

Congrats, smoke it up for all of us!

8. LionLoves420

Ours has been through two generations of tokers. It was my college roommate's brother's bong who then quit and gave it to my roommate. Well once I got married my old roommate and his best friend who was also the good friend of my wife gave up entirely on pot and gave us all their pieces (the relations go way deeper than that, lol). So I don't know how old exactly the Graffix is, but I am guessing at least mid 90's.

rasganjah likes this.
  9. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

That's cool as hell man. Our Jerome Baker is over 10 years old now, and that is why I am retiring it. It's a piece of artwork and I want to keep it around by minimizing contact with it through daily use. It will be a display piece. It's from when the Mrs and I were still newlyweds, we brought it home on my motorcycle, mrsganjah wore it on her back in a corduroy bong case with a strap on it 100 miles to get home from where we bought it, and we bought it on Easter Sunday by chance we just stopped at a Headshop that happened to be open, called Glass Garden. Who wouldn't stop at a shop named that?

10. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Ras,

thats crazy i just bought a PURE bong back in august... very nice pieces indeed... here on the east coast pures start at $150 and up... i bought a base model for $150 and added some flair as i exchanged the stock clear diffuser stem with an amber one and the stock clear bowl for 2 blown bowls... i took pics with each bowl...also i included a pic of my custom blown standing sherlock that i watched get made at a glass blowing demo...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

yes i like my pieces kept clean lol

11. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I like that second bowl a lot. Nice Sherlock too. I have a HVY (Heavy) straight shooter that is basically the same shape as that Pure. I like the high quality scientific precision of the Pure Glass over my HVY though.

[​IMG]

Ill share some of my others:

My 4 Ft Vapor Bong.

[​IMG]

My Jerome Baker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our Rasta Pipe.

[​IMG]

12. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

wow Ras that jerome baker is sweeeeeeeet... i like the Rasta pipe also... but i couldnt help but notice the buds.... man im soooooooo jonesin for dank nugs like that.... shit just jonesin period lol...

13. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Ok you inspired me so much I just went out and bought one. I lost a HVY years ago, broke in half. I don't buy expensive anymore. Found this beauty down the street, there are so many smoke shops they have so much competition, $30. Heavy as shit. Short and good center of gravity, maybe I won't break it with six months.

[​IMG]

Poppies grow FAST!

[​IMG]

14. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Cute little piece Canna. I like the colors. I see a theme of Blue and Orange pieces going on....... Nice choice, here's to hoping that it lasts for ya :bong-2: :passsit:

15. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Thanks dude, I love it too. Just christened her. Niiiice I miss bongs.

Did you know HVY are the Jerome Baker artists....just wanted to make sure you knew :)

16. Purplepiff

Purplepiff New Member

Rassss! those bongs have made me crave a good hit but I don't currently own a piece. I'm pretty tempted to go pick one up so if I do y'all can expect some pics up shortly! [​IMG]:water pipe smoker:

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2017
  17. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

:bandwidthproperty: If you wish to advertise on GK please contact Admin first,

Mrgreengenes likes this.