No seriously this is my final mix

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by MR P, May 13, 2003.

1. MR P

MR P Developed Alternating Nodes

This is my outdoor soil mix per 5 gallon pail
    Soil taken from the hole will be mixed with this.

5L Peat
    6L Perliet & vermiculite
    1.5L Black earth
    1.5L worm castings
    1L cow manure
    1L sheep manure
    1L shrimp composte
    1L musroom composte
    2Tbs Philippine fruit bat guano (Flowering)
    2Cup Bone meal
    1Cup Lime
    ?? Rare Earth
    10Tsp Magic moisture crystals

2. rangerdanger

rangerdanger ***Rest in Peace***

-Bone (and blood) meal can attract animals who may dig it up.

-Manure's must be fully-rotted (composted).

Mr.P, I'm all for do-it-at-home projects.

But you'll spend major bucks buying all those individual components.

I think you'd be better off just buying sacks of Black Gold or Fox Farm Ocean. It's ready-to-go, and mixed exactly right by professionals (in Eureka, Ca. so you know it's good!).

3. Budweiser 3

Budweiser 3 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

:beerchug:'ta "FOXfarm-ocean/forest":biggrin:great stuff:wink:

4. greenthumb420

greenthumb420 Hash Engineer

I would not use a combination of vermiculite and moisture crystals because they both do the same thing...retain moisture.Vermiculite on the surface and moisture crystals internal.I would just not use the vermiculite.Do away with the bone meal...ranger is right just up the guano if possible to match the loss.Be sure the manures are not green they will burn quick.not sure of the rare earth...never used.

5. MR P

Hey GT is your mix really light and fluffy with all that vermiculie in it? Mine is but i will be mixing this with ground soil so it should thicken up.

And do you have to support your plants with something later in the year when they get big and gangly or do they get strongenough to hold them selves up with out breaking??

It cost me 120$ for every thing and so far i have made 100 gallons (20 5 gal. pails) of mix and have enough left over to do all my gardens in the yard and some potting mix for indoor plants. It would have cost me 230$ to buy enough FF soil to equal the amount of just the 100 gallons. Well whats done is done and ill see how it works out i bought some cridder ridder, moth balls and irish spring soap to deal with the infamous fab four(deer,rabbits,racoons,bear)and the 22cal. might come into play if need be.

"Dam Varments"!!!

6. greenthumb420

greenthumb420 Hash Engineer

my mix for the indoor plants is 50/50 and is very light.I use 30/70(perlite/soil) for outdoors for extra water retention.I've never had to brace plants outdoors because we usually have a constant light breeze that strengthens the stems.With the mix you have you might not have to add ferts until late flowering.Good luck.

7. MR P

Thanks GT ill post pics soon