Ognennyy's New Growroom Jackberry

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Ognennyy, Nov 18, 2011.

1. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Its made by Dutch Masters. You must use penetrator with the Reverse co product.

If you have a strain that is genetically inclined to Hermy wont do you much good but with say a stress related deal going on which this seems its pretty effective.

This is the same shit they use like to grow seedless watermellons.

t6

2. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

No shit, I've always wondered how they did that. I had assumed it was done though breeding. Just another knowledge pack day here at GK

Thanks Mr 6 :thumbsup:

Duc

back from google.. I wonder why it's not for sale in Oregon?

general information about reverse can be found here. http://buymarijuanaseeds.com/community/threads/dutch-master-reverse-in-depth-review.121143/

3. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

How do I get all the lights in my bedroom on, but not let that light into the grow room when I open the door to enter? I don't tell anyone I grow, so there's no one to wait in my bedroom and turn the lights on once I'm inside the (lights out) grow room.

I'll check it once I chop and there are no plants in there.

4. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

Are these seeds, or just pistils?

I kinda tore into one of the smaller buds today, and examined what's "inside" a bud. I was a little distraught cuz I started wondering if they're already growing seeds...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

I could be wrong, but I think those are the calyxes that make up the bud.

6. ducrider

Yeah I'm with SW on this OG. A couple of years ago I chopped a plant way too early because I saw the same thing I think you're looking at now. Not the Nannes but the false seed pods. I'm sure others will chime in .

On the light check, I really don't think walking in to your growroom during lights out time, with your bedroom lights on will do any harm. This may be my inexperience talking here but I think it's long term light leaks that we need to worry about. someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

duc

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2012
  7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

The pistil will whither away and the calyx will start to look like a little basketball if it's been pollinated. Those still look fine to me.

A few minutes of light never hurt no one.

8. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I agree. a minute or two of light wont really hurt anything in the grow room.

So just turn on all the light outside the grow room when the grow lights are out. Open the door and step in and close the door. Now just look around the room in the dark and where ever you see light coming in to the room that is what you want to seal up. Those pods you are looking at appear normal to me.

Hang in there and don't freak out.:icon_confused: :redbong:

9. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

Thank you T6 for the suggestion on the reverse. The $50 price tag though made me think twice. I might lose a small amount of yield without it, guess I'll just have to eat that loss.

I spent the $50 on extra seeds for the upcoming outdoor season. I wanna make sure I get at least a few females for mothers!

10. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

Hate to say it...

Hate to say it but I believe this late hermie action is genetic.

I just turned every light in my room on (which I very rarely do) to create worst case scenario. Then I went in the grow room and waited a minute for my eyes to adjust. In just a few spots around the door you can very very dimly see light coming in. The LEDs on my day/night temperature relay are probably 2-3x brighter than the light around the door. In any case, the temp relay is next to the door, and the plants are located in the back half of the closet (not where light from the door and temp relay LEDs are "shining"). I was worried light was getting into the passive intake, which is pointed directly at my plants on the other side of the grow room from the door and LEDs.

After a minute or so in the dark grow room, eyes pretty well adjusted, I couldn't see so much as the silhouette of my plants. On a clear night with a full moon you can almost see veination details on the leaves of outdoor plants. There's no way I hermed these with light leaks.

They have never once been allowed to wilt. The temps have been constant for the past 9-10 weeks. The light cycle has been constant for over 10 weeks. I dropped the humidity according to flowering rules (although it's only 30% and ideal is 40-50%, that shouldn't cause late herms I wouldn't think).

I pruned some popcorn buds a few days ago, but it's very apparent that the nanners had already been forming before I pruned, and I only noticed them the next day cuz I was concerned and so looking for them. Come to think of it, I pruned them on the night I took the most recent pictures. And I don't see nanners in the pictures.

I dunno what else can cause nanners. Does handling the flowers cause enough stress to nanner? Sometimes I handle them to move em around and look at them, or lightly rub em to smell em.

I'm not sure what could've gone wrong. It might just be genetic.

11. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

Ooooohhhhhh

Ok, I just remembered something that might make a difference. Not sure.

My heater was in the grow room before I moved it out to my bedroom. It was hooked up to the day / night temp relay to keep the room ~72 daytime, and ~60 night time. About 10-14 days ago I noticed that I had left the temp relay's temperature probe stapled to the wall, down where the canopy was like two months ago (which was about 2-3' lower than current canopy level). I took the staple out and hung it on the canopy, directly below the light. I noticed the heater was coming on a lot less in the following days.

Would that cause a big enough issue for some to herm it up?

12. ducrider

My grow room conditions have been about the same as yours with the same temp and humidity battles as well. I think more than a few of us have been playing catch up when it comes to dialing in the grow room for winter growing. I think your's is the first post I've read in some time where so many plants have show nanners. Kinda makes you point about there being a genetic link although many have grown Sannies Jackberry without issue. really make you wonder now doesn't it.

I'll be keeping a sharp eye on my JB for sure.

seems like you should be hunting down some reverse like T6 suggested if you haven't already done so.

13. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

For all we know it's like human skin color tendencies (which involve seven distinct chromosome pairs), maybe the possibility for hermie is like a genetic slide bar involving 100 chromosome pairs. In that case maybe Sannie successfully bred out 99/100 of those pairs, and I got the short end of the 1/100 stick. Who knows man.

Can't. I couldn't justify to myself spending $50 for an extra what, like quarter an ounce? I thought T6's idea was great, I just needed to spend the $50 on outdoor 2012 seeds instead.

14. ResinRubber

How heavily did you prune and how far along were they? (stoned and forgot) Heavy pruning past the first week or so of flowering, especially leafing, can be a hermaphroditic factor. Here's R. Clarke's thoughts on it as it pertains to removing leaves.

Just checked. Week 5 was prune week. Week 6 brought nanners.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2012
  15. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

i HATE to say it but I dont believe its genetic. If that Jackberry was genetically throwing Hermies it would be all over the opengrow boards and Sannie would pull the seeds off the market no doubt about it.

t6

16. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

Well thank you Res and T6 for helping me get to the bottom of that. Was driving me nuts not knowing if I made a big fuck up that I would want to avoid next time. Now I know what never to do again.

I had in fact removed some fan leaves that were blocking bud sites, since like week 3, up til about a week ago. And now that I think, I did remove lower fan leaves, like 2 feet below the canopy that weren't getting any light. Furthermore, heavy removal on some and just a few leaves on some, which is probably why only 3 of 8 popped banana hammocks.

So if I want to prune the undercanopy leaves, always do so no later than 7 days after 12/12?

Pertaining to ripping out popcorn buds: Never after 7 days of 12/12, or never do it at all?

I thought it's good to remove popcorn bud sites, early in flowering, so the plant diverts all food and energy into a select few top colas?

17. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

As you can see I prune the plants up from the bottom but I do it way before flowering. I dont remove fans unless they are dieing or look poor.

[​IMG]

t6

18. ResinRubber

Looks like T6 and I have a similar philosophy. All I can really tell ya is what I do tho. Lots of growers have their habits and most of them work quite well. Obviously by looking at that wall of bushes T6 has up there.

When I repot for flowering, 1-7 days before switch, I also give the plants a good cleaning of stunted undergrowth. Tie back any taller stems or string the plant into a tomato cage to open the canopy. Around 4-10 days into 12/12 I go through and snip out any substandard growth stems, small shoots and suckers on the mainstem.

No individual leaves are removed from any single stem. It's all or nothing. Each stem is treated as an individual plant. If it can reach the canopy or light it survives. If not, it comes off. Unless you're growing trees this is all it should take and no more trimming will be needed.

OG....have you read R. Clarke's Botany of Marijuana yet? It's a very cool read and I think you'd probably dig it quite a bit. You can do a search and download his books at mediafire.com

19. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

Negative, Ghostrider. I agree it's about time I give it a look see.

T6: What do you define as a fan leaf? Is anything not part of the bud a fan leaf? Or only the leaves that are not part of the bud, and whose petioles have nine blades?

20. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Well im talking all your large fans on the bottom of the plant. I never touch the tops unless Im topping them .

t6