Ognennyy's New Growroom Jackberry

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Ognennyy, Nov 18, 2011.

1. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Well link in a essance you are right but your not realing getting my point. When you use a single say stationary light the farthest points of the light on both ends will get the lesser degree of light.

Moving the light on a rail sends the same intensity of light the length of the grow so both ends of the grow will get high intensity light even though it is moving. This wont be as crucial where he is only going 4 feet but like say on my grow I am going 12 feet back and forth. Now if your useing cool tubes such as I am the light pattern sucks as cool tubes tend to shoot more down than out. With the tubes its perfect because is shoots the high areas of light deep into the canopy.

Where he is doing the single light I would upgrade definitely put two 600w lights spaced evenly over the grow. He should probably double the yield over one light. If not than I would do something like a magnum xxx hood and a 1000w light. two 600's would be better.

t6

I think the results speak for their selves

t6

2. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

ok now I get your point, all ends and corners of the space get their equal share of high intensity light. I was just about to say that he could just rotate the plants around the room to get the same effect, but then I remembered that he's doing a SCROG. Ok so a light rail is a great way to cover elongated rooms, seeing as you have a freaking forest of ganja to prove it. But, you can't seriously tell me that a light rail would make sense in his space, which is only 3X4 (unless I'm missing something). Ogy also said that he can't add a second light at this point. So that leaves him with only one option, a good reflector. An air cooled hood would also be good for a SCROG....

3. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

4. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

5. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

Wow guys, awesome awesome feedback! Your opinions and discussions are really helping me get a clearer idea of what situations call for which measures, and in general helping me feel better about decisions I have to make.

I'm actually in a fairly tough spot right now with regard to growing, because I'm not positive what I'm going to be doing in my near future (next year). I don't wanna invest like $300 for another 600w light, although I'd love to. I'm not sure but I might move soon and I don't know what my growing-related circumstances might be.

I understand the advice. I was actually thinking about grabbing a Hydrofarm Radiant 6" AC hood. I heard it was a great reflector and that it's one of very few reflectors that are tested by engineers to ensure it reflects light how it's intended. I then called Hydrofarm a few days ago, and a tech agent talked to me for 20-30 min, even asked the engineer a buncha questions for me. It's like the same dimensions as the ones you guys were showing me. Here's where I'm getting it http://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/hydrofarm-rd6ac-radiant-6in-ac-reflector-with-lens-cord-set-p-2115.html comes to about $130, shipping included.

6. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

About curing...

Quick question about my current harvest... They were hanging / on the dry rack for two days and already the buds started to feel very dry. The stems didn't snap, but the buds and leaves felt ssoooo dry.

I pulled em down today and put them in brand new mason jars. I got home just now and went to check em out to make sure there weren't mold spores everywhere, and that they weren't composting inside the jars in case I jumped the gun and they were still too moist lol. They seemed fine... no heat, no mold, no water building up inside. But they smelled weird, like... cut grass mixed with a sweet smell. Dunno how to describe it. Definitely wasn't a bad smell, just one I've never smelled before.

Is it normal for them to smell that way? I'd hate to lose my whole first crop hehe.

7. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

yA BETTER BE OPENING THOSE JARS EVERYDAY BECAUSE even though they feel dry on the outside they are damp on the inside.

Of coarse this depends on humidity airflow ect but I hang for 5 days then jar them and open the jars everyday for about a couple of weeks.

You leave them in a sealed jar like that and they will mold guaranteed!

t6

8. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Sposed to smell that way it dissipates after a few weeks. Watch for ammonia or musty smells those are the baddies.

9. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

My first grow, I was sure I fucked something up!

Maybe that's where the slang 'grass' came from.

In no time, it'll smell alot nicer.

I'm running SA atm and it smells just like strawberrys :thumbs-up:

10. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

That's a stroke of pure friggin genius, I bet you're right!

Yep will be opening once a day for 2-3 minutes. I also shake them around before I open to get the buds unstuck from one another. I'll check every couple hours to make sure they're not decomposing, but I think I'm gonna be ok.

Can't wait to see how the JB smell after a few weeks curing

Thanks all :thumbsup:

11. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

I opened a bottle of Rooie marie that had cured since last february undisturbed. IT WAS THE BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

t6

12. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

wow that reflector is huge, me thinks that should do the trick :thumbs-up: