PH

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by Growannabe, May 23, 2004.

1. Growannabe

Growannabe Begun Flowering

since my ph is way too high, will adding citric acid EVERY time i need to lower the PH bind the soil? will it get all accumulated and start locking **** up? whats a nice less harsh way to lower ph, if citric acid aint gonna cut 'er?

2. growinfireman

growinfireman A Fat Sticky Bud

Dude, you are trying to produce better nuggies through science.  Your always looking into all the exotic compounds. If your going that route, try to develope a plant that tweaks THC to something that can't be found on a drug screen. Like I said in your other post, I'm not choping you.  Someones got to be out there working on this stuff. I think weird stuff when I read posts from organic growers. Like they are brewing witch's brew. Add eye of newt, blood of a virile goat.  The spunk of a cubscout.  I get the same stuff said to me.  I'm big on stressing the plant at stages of it's life. People PM me and go, "I'm not stressing my plant." Well, what do you think is going on outside, when bugs are chewing on it, top and under, wind rain, heat, dry. So we all got our pet issues, you seem to be the guy looking for the new chemi discovery.  Your last post, just made me remember just now.  I got this OLD grow manual, where they show pix of some growers putting lead and steel nails in the soil per reasons of your cations.  Dude, you may be the guy who find the next big thing, and get's real paid. I would go for the pot that don't flag a drug test. I'm not kidding you. Someones got to.

(Edited by growinfireman at 10:38 pm on May 23, 2004)

3. Danno33

Danno33 A Fat Sticky Bud

i always though acid raises the PH...
    anywyas i would jsut go out and buy PH down, its the easiest way...do you have a PH kit so you know what your water is?

4. Growannabe

all im really getting to is i got some 7.6 water and i gotta ADD something to it EVERY time i water is this a BAD thing? will it build up? even that ph down ****? yeah i got a checker thats why i am at 7.6........

as for george carlin over here, god gave ya the right to ask questions so get askin!!!!!! people always bitch me out for always having something to say hmmmm confuscious!!!!!

5. Danno33

Danno33 A Fat Sticky Bud

GO to the store and get yourself some PH down....end of story...no they will not build up..they are ment to be put in the water..dont use citric acid either casue that will raise it...
    7.6 isnt too too bad, but 7 would be fine

6. growinfireman

relax, I said I was just funnun' ya. PH down, as well as consider letting the water set out for 24hrs before using it, IF it's been ran through a treatment plant. If it's from a well, I know that the sulpher would still be there, PH down or not.
    I noticed that you ask lot's o questions about all manners of compounds and such. I don't claim to know you, but some folk's seem to get to a point where they feel they need to use every addy. I don't know if your going down that path. Just some food for thought. I focused in on the citric acid thing. Relax, man. Don't get mad. If your going to do this, I want to see you do well. I'm not the worlds expert. Like I said, new things come from trying things.

7. Growannabe

man u seem like a really solid guy! right on and i hope you will continue to assess my useless rederick!!!!

LOL :lol:

cool shizz son, i hope we cross paths sometime in this life for the benifet of both of us haha! i'd enjoy smokin a reef with some1 who doesnt automatically hit the IGNORE FROM button simpley cuz he got a teense annoyed

i'm prolly just too wasted to remember but you said you gave up growin, why?[​IMG]?

8. growinfireman

Dude, you didn't get on my nerves, not even a lil' bit. I have had the pleasure, of a 60day vacation, Ive got the rest of this month to enjoy the fruits of the earth. Like I said, I just noticed a pattern in your posts, like I said, I don't know ya.' But, if someone else reading our posts, see's like, ohhhh, I'm gonna' dump some of that in my solution,too! So, I felt the need to say it for alot of folk's, as over doing the chem's is a big mistake alot of people get caught up in. I was being real when I said that how you think, is how the next new thing comes out. Edison had no idea what to use as a filament in his light bulb, he even tried horse hair. When he got it right, he changed the world. For the newer growers out there, I would like to see them reach point of competency, or system, that works for them, THEN, try little tweaks. Like I said, my system I don't claim to be the best. It's brute simple. I've meet alot of new growers in my local store, selling back at a big loss, all the gear they bought. When I talk to em' they never got to a place where they could keep the grow going, then improve. It would be obvious that they would read, surf, buy more chems, and try to dump all of it on one or two sick plants, they die, and then the cat feels it's too hard for them, and they,"tap out." So, I got alot of time on my hands this month, and I just wanted to tack that on your stuff, to slow someone else from running out and dumping something they saw talked about on here, without knowing the dilly-yo. I know I've gained some sweet, "golden nuggets," of wisdom on this site, I said I'm not the God of closet farming. You asked me why I "don't grow." Well, I've said often on here, that I work for the govt. I just feel more comfort making it public that I myself gave up growing for Normandy day. You can always tell when I'm good and dried out. I go into the politics forum and bitch people out. I was raised in the 70's. Pot was cool, laid back, sexy, and it seemed like everyone was smoking it. Then, they invented the drug test, and now, they keep making tests that reach further back in your past. GM for one, has a lifetime ban on all drugs. Now, some poor kid that want's to smoke a dirtweed joint and listen to his "Echo and the Bunnymen" CD's and eat fruitloops, is an international criminal? Relax, Bro, your cool with me. I'd talk to you anytime. I hope someone makes that drugscreen proof weed!!!!

9. Growannabe

woah.... your deep bro.! :LOL: so your sayin you do grow but you dont.....j/k or maybe not~~!

there now that your nice and confused, let me ask you about ph down. It contains phosphoric acid so wouldnt this give the plant a noyce juice of phos? would it change my nutes to like 20-20-20 to a little higher....20-23-20[​IMG] hmmm
    about that floranova i noticed GH's florabloom and such in my stiggity store but no floranova is this florabloom actually ? and that liquid karma whats in that ****?

u ever tried aeroponics? i have recently been bummin sum money to do it up... any pointsters would helpskies!

(Edited by Growannabe at 4:25 pm on May 25, 2004)

10. GhostDog

GhostDog Begun Flowering

"any pointsters would helpskies!"

Did you really just say that? thats sick

11. Growannabe

in what way? u r confusing....

12. growinfireman

Florabloom, Is a bloom enhancer. I never used Floranova, but it is booming out here, and is complete, so I'm just saying when you see it, check it out. Lqiud Karma is made out of seaweed, and a bunch of natural stuff. It would "Almost" be organic, but, due to it being worked up in a factory somewhere, will make it not organic. It's an addy, but its so good, I used it alone until they were about 10" and well along, THEN I eased em' onto the recipe so they would not shock.
      I see what you asked as to PH.  This is HARD to explain, and hard to understand.  Pick anything you put into a solution, anything, remember that I told you the cell chooses what crosses the membrane, well, when the PH is off, the contents of the solution, as far as the cell goes, is changed. To make it simple, you may have put in, say, "N" but, due to the PH being off, you are impeading the cells ability to use it, it has changed to something else, as far as the cell being able to use it, the cell make, or tries, to make adjustments,(shock) this takes energy, in a direction you, or the plant, don't want to go.  After a bit, the plant gives up, and dies.  In humans, the illness known as diabetes would be the comparioson to PH in the solution.  The recipe of the bodies solutions are off, and many, or most of the metabolites in the blood stream are of little or no use to the body. The body trys to adjust, like our plant above, and if untreated, also dies.  This would be a fair comparison.  As far as growing, if you were working for the man, would you grow? much less post that you did? hell, I'm dumn for kicking it around here.  We still have SOME freedom of speach, so, as an opponent of the MJ laws, well, there you go.

(Edited by growinfireman at 11:29 am on May 27, 2004)

(Edited by growinfireman at 11:31 am on May 27, 2004)

13. llIndigoll

llIndigoll Medical Grower

I use ph up and down to remedy all ph issues. I've never had a 'build-up' issue. I use ph adjusters every time I water/feed/etc.

14. growinfireman

er' ya' go, mate. Everytime, all the time. your always on the money. Never assume ****. Even in stuff you mixed in jugs, even if it's buffered, never assume anything. But, I would assume no less. from you, Indi......

15. abis

abis Veggy Stage

uhhh Danno you should head back to chem class man. Citric Acid lowers pH because the lower the pH the more acidic it is and the higher the pH the more basic it is

16. growinfireman

Yes, and they can both be solvents, acids, and bases. PH is also not a reading as to the strength of an acid. Some of the most noxious acids come in around 2, or 3.