pond water with useless formula

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by greenjah, Jul 3, 2013.

1. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Hey everybody. How gave things been going for you all? I have been so busy i havent been on much. I have lots to show you guys, i will try to remember to take pictures today.

Everything i planted in the ground is not doing as good as it should because of all the rain and the greenhouses are on clay so they are hurrting because of to much water.

Anyway so i put a few in 45 gal pots and a few in 15 gal pots and will be useing the useless formula like i have been doing for years indoors. They look great and are getting big. So my question is since they are starting to need more water it is becoming a pain taking ro water from my house to the greenhouse. I have an old big inground pool that is now a pond with fish and all the normal pond stuff. Pond water has nitrogen and other stuff in it already so how would you guys sudgest i mix the useless formula with it? I dont know if pond water has magnesium in it so i dont know if i should keep useing it, calmag has 2% nitrogen so the pond water would take care of that.. anyway, anyone have any insight on this?

2. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

I would mix up a one gallon batch with the pond water and then check the ppm with a tds meter then adjust the nutes accordingly.

3. greenjah

Will do. Thx. Its been so long since ive used any meters, hopefully they still work. Lol.

I have just done the same thing for so long now i didnt need them.

4. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

5. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Oh here is a much better thread. This was one of my hempy grows where I just used fish water the whole time. Makes me want to do it again. Now I wish I did not just have marine tanks now, I don't think they would handle the salt ;)

http://forum.growkind.com/showthread.php?t=34139&highlight=aquaponics

edit: nevermind, I just re-read and noticed I switched to GH nutes after getting root rot and believing it may have been caused by using fish water and not circulating it like in true aquaponics. I did learn though that the fish tank water needed to be circulated. At least in that one grow. I am interested to know if someone can pull off using fish water in hempy though and if it was some other anomaly. My first link still stands though, as those were true aquaponic, as in the water was moving. I think for soil though, it would be absolutely fine. It just didn't seem to work in hempy since it just kinda sits in there a little bit and does not break down like in soil.

6. greenjah

Thanks canna, i have been using it without adding any RO water now for some time now and is working great, i just add 4.5 tbs off epsom salt to the 50 gal drum every watering. The pond water starts at 230 to 350 ppm so it turned out to be way better then the well water that

Is 800 out the tap.

Pictures are on my 2013 greenhouse thread.

7. vapordon

vapordon Germinating

Very smart indeed. Fish poop FTW.