Potable ac units?

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Justcheckingitout, May 1, 2019.

1. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I guess I am confused how the sealed units work? I got to run the ac next week. Its going to be in the high 90's. So I will mount the ac and keep the door closed and just open it a couple times a day or I havent foamed it in yet...it will get some new air in but the ac will keep it cool. Not efficent but A extra $30-60 on the power bill wont kill me. Also can i just use the co2 bags?

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Make sure you have ample air movement (fans) if you reduce the exhaust. It's situations like these where powdery mildew can suddenly appear. You can set the AC unit to take in fresh air for cooling. It's less efficient for cooling but gives better airflow for the garden.

CO2 bags are fer shit. Works about as well as a bucket of fermenting yeast. One costs fifty cents, the other costs $20 and neither does shit.

3. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I figured out with just closing off the attic access it stays 20 deg cooler in garage. I think with the rooms being insulated I should be ok.with that ac and pulling air in from garage and exausing into garage. The leds dont get super hot and the ac is going to help cool garage which will be cooler air coming in anyways. It was 103 outside today at one point and the garage was only 86

ResinRubber likes this.