Problem after transplant

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by nippie, Nov 2, 2016.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

mytwhyt and ResinRubber like this.
  2. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

What wattage where they under when you took them out to veg?

3. nippie

t5's

96 watt per fixture.

they even had a 'zero day' which was basically just side light when first thrown over into flower in my garden so they don't get stressed

It's odd, it's mostly tops affected, not all tops though, but there's a few large fan leaves mid way down also effected.

They had a great root system but it seemed a little different. I started using 6 qt pails that are square during veg and it seems that it changed the root system vs smaller 4 qt round ones (sounds crazy I know, don't know if it's a fluke or shape of container) anyways the bottoms of the 6 qt pails seemed to be a heavier concentration of roots vs the round which always has things evenly distributed thru out.

I broke them up during the transplant so they grow evenly thru out the 5 gallon bucket but then i got this.

I'm not sure whats up, was it just a rough transfer or if its light bleaching which frankly i would be hard pressed to think is the problem. It's an older bulb (9 months) that I actually meant to change before I even turned on and it's a solid 30" if not closer to 3 ft from the light

4. Mrgreengenes

Do me a favor nippie. Please take a picture with the hos off so I can see the actual color of the problem. Thanks.

5. nippie

i'll get a picture up this afternoon, i may just snip the dead/dying out but would like to know what caused it

6. nippie

[​IMG]

not the best representation, had to take a quick shot and grabbed the first plant that i seen, will try to get more

but even that shows what i'm talking about,

7. Mrgreengenes

It kind of looks like a minor iron deficiency. The leaves normally get more of the bleach look. Mane breaking up the roots caused the plant to stop taking up nutrients efficiently.

8. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

I concur. Weird shit can happen the first week or so after breaking up a root mass. Sometimes entire sections of a plant can die away while the other half grows like crazy. See it once in awhile when transplanting mom's.

9. nippie

should I just trim things up and ride it out?

was worried it may effect bud sites since a few tips were hit.

But not sure if I should try to foliar feed or add anything to feed

10. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Dunno brother. I'd just let the plant ride it out and watch that no dead shit sticks around long enough to be a problem.

11. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Those buds look awesome!!! (As I chant "led, led,led").

I am no master but it does look like a nute deficiency on those leaves. I would let it ride.

12. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

I've seen the same thing as well when I go from solo cups to one gallon pots for vegging, usually when I break up the bottom of the roots too. I say it's the result of trauma to the roots & you should just ride it out

Sweet looking buds non the less !!

13. nippie

I'll get some pix up tomorrow of em, you can't even tell it happened and all flowering nicely