Rolling camper garden

Discussion in 'DIY' started by ResinRubber, Mar 24, 2014.

1. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Looks like a blank canvas to me.

I've been thinking about how you will secure the tongue of that trailer to ensure no one drives off with it. Also how you can get power to it without it being visible. The sound of the fans might be an issue, depending on what you plan to run in there lights wise. Trouble with most garages/outbuildings is there's no real ambient building noise like a house with AC, fridges, TV, dishwasher etc. A whooshing dusty old camper under a pile of refuse might invite investigation.

I know you live near the North Pole, but even arctic summer sun turns dark roofed closed up garages into ovens.

An engineering challenge indeed. I love it. I think one of my favorite things to do is build out.

2. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I'm following this thread Res. :bravo: :popcorn-2:

3. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Sooooo, how goes the progress?

4. Mrgreengenes

:redbong:

5. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

It's kickin' my ass. Ended up having to re-frame and re-floor almost the entire inside. Fuckin' wood rot.

6. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Its always something buddy.... I love your enthusiasm.

7. friendlyfarmer

You're a man with a vision Resin. :thumbsup:

wish I was your neighbor and could help. Though I'd spend most of my time watching you work while chasing my dog.

I'm skeeved out atm. just pulled 6 ticks off my cat. Missed at least as many. goddamn herd of deer in my backyard every morning.:read2:

8. GreenThumb

GreenThumb How to Delete account?

Whoa!

Yez-sir.. Oh you don't need any more than 30 amps. In fact keeping the power supply looking normal is a good common sense thing.

I recommend rewiring the AC circuit (should be a 20 amp breaker) as your supply. Then every outlet gets a GFI.

Carbon scrubber with a 640 cfm can handle all the smell. You won't be able to hide the noise but what the hay..

I would aim at heat distribution with 6 inch duct. Also you will find having a "whirley Bird" vent over one of the ceiling vents will aid you in growing into the warming months of spring.

I think you will find that summer is not a good idea but hey you may have good shade.

I do agree with the foam board! I used (lol giving myself away) the foil backed type and replaced every space in the ceiling where it had fiberglass with foam board. I also put up that really thin panel to replace the old torn down. It paints up nice and isn't too expensive.

The truth is I am in a legal state and have medical use. I also live where I grow so my heat is my garden. Work out just fine. After 12 years I came out to the neighbors and that was a headache. Not that they were snitchy but that they had the attitude of how dare you have your own garden.

Remember it can be considered a domicile and be covered under our laws against unlawful search but we do live in the daze of Patriot Act and the ilk.

Anyway I am here if you want to ask questions. I have 14 years experience in tight quarters.

Nice thread..

P.S. You will be sweating now but it can pay off for a couple decades. Hard work I agree but once it's done... There you go.. It becomes like furniture

9. ResinRubber

Got a build or two under the belt GT, but thanks for the thoughts.

The way I see it is lighting will pull 19-20 amps, ventilation 3 amps, AC 15 amps, incidentals another 3. So I need a safe working range of 50 amps available. Break that down to either a 50 amp rv subpanel and hook up (already have that), or, three separate 110v 20 amp service lines. The intent is to have both available.

You dialed it on temp variability. It's gotta be able to handle both sub zero F and 100 plus F with little effort.

Slow goin' though. A two week quick build is looking more like a month now.

10. friendlyfarmer

My builds go slow because of the available blocks of time I have. If I could work 8-10 hours per day and had a runner for materials I could do a fairly complex small build-out in a day or two. But it takes me MONTHS to get anything done at an hour here and hour there.

:passsit:

11. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Res, pull that sucker this way and we'll bang it out. :roffl:

I like the 50 amp subpanel idea.

Everything I do takes longer than it should. Even my wife knows if I tell her I will be working on the bike but don't worry, it's only a half an hour job, she knows it will be 3 hours later.

12. ResinRubber

That be the biggest hurdle. Make a living, do dad time. Then when there's a 5 hour block and the project is moving a material need causes a drive to the Homie DePot store for a two hour delay. Get back in time to clean up and wait for the next block of time.

And there always needs to be time set aside for :redbong:

13. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

my problem with idle time is all the:idea:that happens while:redbong:, it'sgood to take it slow and think about the next step before you take it though. you'll get it done and its gonna be rockin:thumbs-up:

14. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

this is bullshit, I wana see pictures!!!!:pimp:

men are visual, women read...CMON JACK!!!

Show us your privates RES!

15. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

:roffl::roffl::roffl::jj:

16. ResinRubber

There ya go CC.

Once the hardboard is up and gear starts going in the pics will start again. Nothing to see but a bunch of sawdust and jigsaw puzzle framework right now. Pretty boring shit.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
  17. Mrgreengenes

Uggggg Can't unsee it. :5eek:

18. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Thanks man I won't see right for weeks

19. GreenThumb

GreenThumb How to Delete account?

Eh.. Depends on what he wants to spend. I would think that unit is wired for 110. I would go with that myself..

Two flowering rooms one on one off.

Pulling up a chair and micro-wave pop-corn. Penis show aside that is..

20. ResinRubber

Been an ugly affair. In retrospect it would have been more efficient to drop $1500 on an old 15ft featherlite enclosed work trailer. Too far in now....

[YOUTUBE]wOaXTg3nAuY[/YOUTUBE]

On the plus side....this little present from the trusty souls at plantlightinghydroponics just arrived. A couple 4 bulb T5 HO sets for the veg area. Feels solid, has decent hangar loops and a nice long cord (big bonus....fuckin hate stubby pig tail shit!) Looked into DIY for building an 8 bulb T5 HO array and this was actually cheaper. $99 apiece plus $30 delivered with 8-6400k bulbs. Almost exactly what a decent 8 bulb home build would cost and saves the hassle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:passsit: