Sannie's Killaqueen X Blue Hammer

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by friendlyfarmer, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

:popcorn-2:

2. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Flipped 1/17/14

I put them into flower two days ago, and already I can see I have three girls and a boy. Here's the boy. RIP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the three girls, low in the front under the vertical 400

[​IMG]

3. Mrgreengenes

Pulling up a chair. :popcorn-2:

4. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Looking good buddy... RIP Mr Male

5. friendlyfarmer

Thanks for looking in! This strain has some interesting growth traits so far - first it grew in a very branchy way that I have not seen before. It stayed very low in veg. It didn't need anything other than what was in the soil to look perfectly healthy. All three females look structurally similar so far. :thumbsup:

6. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

You going to clone off the girls or isolate the male for some pollen chucking to get seed ?

They are looking great, be watching this one too. :thumbs-up:

BBT

7. friendlyfarmer

Though I have dreams of breeding, at the moment I'm focusing on other goals. So I am killing the males and the clones of the males. I have 4 thriving clones of each of the three phenos in flower now. I will run them behind the Big Bubble in a flood table I am setting up tonight. Only trouble with this plan is I will have to keep them alive and happy for a whole month before the space will be opened up, so….I'll prob hempy them in solos or something. I need to keep moms of everything until I have had a chance to smoke it cured and see how she really does, then I can select a keeper if I get one.

When I pulled the male clones, 3 of the four had roots already out the bottom of the cubes.

8. friendlyfarmer

Update

I'm 9 days into flower - three girls. These plants are amazing. They are stretching but the overall structure of the plant is really perfect. I topped these once, and they have spread out into a broad candelabra of tops. I've been gently pinching stems too. This spreading is wider than I have seen before, and the proliferation of tops is also something I have not seen before. The structure is there for a great super cropper /SOG plant. I'm trying to keep the day/night temps in line to control stretch.

[​IMG]

One plant

[​IMG]

9. friendlyfarmer

Day 16 flower

Looking good. Not a single sign of a deficiency yet, though the ultra dry RH is causing some slight taco-ing of the leaves and I have to be more careful in watering. I am used to 5 gallon buckets that you can easily go 3 days without watering. These 3 gallon smarts dry up in a day or so, and I haven't been able to get down there to water that often. Plus I am finding watering in general to be a time consuming burden (24 plants to hand water every two days is a lot) so I tend to let them stay dry longer than I should. But other than that everything seems hunky dory. I love the structure of the plants too. Wide and low, tons of bud sites and tight internodes.

KillaQueen X Blue Hammer #1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KillaQueen X Blue Hammer #2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KillaQueen X Blue Hammer #3

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a few randoms

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

They look great. Spray em with water once in a while they will love it.

t6

11. friendlyfarmer

thanks man. will do!

12. friendlyfarmer

Four weeks, two days into flower for Sannies KillaQueen X Blue Hammer.

:thumbs-up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

So how you liking those grow bags? You move them around much? Are you watering there in the room or moving them every water? I wasn't sure how durable they would be when deciding on pots so i went with the airpots thinking they would be more durable. Though I would like to retain the media better like the bags. Some comes out of the airpots every water, not like that's a surprise or anything. Either way anything that can prevent a plant from becoming rootbound and at the same time stimulate more interior root growth is good to me.

14. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Skunky I've been using the same smart pots for at least the last year if not a bit longer & I'm not noticing any signs of them wearing out. I generally bring all of the pots out if the garden when its time for watering so they're handled quite a bit. The ones I bought have their own handles which when I first saw them thought they'd rip right off but they've held fast. So far from what I've seen they're a pretty durable product.

Duc

15. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Awesome! So you used the same pots for a couple grows? But, yeah I guess looks can be deceiving. I figured the same thing too about the handles.

So, one last question for you both. With the bags have, by the end of the grow do you have roots growing through the bags or are they drying and dying before hand. If they are intact throw the bags what are you doing to ensure no problems the next round? H202 soak and scrub? Or something of the like?

16. friendlyfarmer

Yep I like em. I move mine around a lot too. No issues at all so far. Your airpots look way cooler tho, and prob achieve the exact same thing as far as air pruning for roots. It's like Darth Vader growing weed with those airpots

:roffl:

:sabrefight:

17. friendlyfarmer

Washing machine

18. Mrgreengenes

Looking good FF. :bravo: What's the flowering time? :redbong:

19. friendlyfarmer

These are supposed to be 8-10 weekers. They are at 4 weeks 3 days now.

20. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Might be time to upgrade the pots in the garden. Thanks guys.

:passit: