Sativa X Citrullus lanatus Cross?

Discussion in 'Strains and Crosses' started by plastik, Apr 15, 2006.

1. plastik

plastik Tomato Farmer

I'm just wondering if this is possible. maybe someone can help me understand what went on.

4 years ago, I lived in a Southern State Renound for it's marijuana growing, and is one of the backbones of american grown weed on the market. I obtained some seeds from a local grower, and planted them, only 1 Grew, and it turned out to be a very healthy skunky female. The plant was grown outside for 9 Months! She was atleast 10 foot tall, so high, we had to tie her down 2 time. The thing about it is, there was Citrullus lanatus growing all around the lower portion of the plant, vine like. When we finally harvested her, by cutting directly at the base of the 2liter bottle round stem with a chainsaw. Hauled her into the house, and hung her upside down in one of the bed rooms, good thing we had tall ceilings, but the plant was almost just hovering over the floor. It was the only marijuana plant in that area, and I'm sure there wasn't another one for mile, it could have been a hermie, but it looked female to me. It had a good amount of seeds, along with over 1.7Lbs of bud dry. The funny thing was that the seeds themselves, and also their pod sheaths looked exactly like a Citrullus Lanatus. It was like a stained design on each seed. I'm wondering if this is even possible, or if it's just a natural characteristic in some plants, but It also had a slight aroma of it too. Another neat thing is, after I had stripped the plant down to bare sticks (i had no plans for cloning at the time) I left a bundle of them in a corner, and around 2-3 weeks later, I noticed they had growth on them, not alot, but enough to dry out and make about 5-10 grams. I really wish I would of saved some seeds out of it to give away to friends, but I haven't grown anything for quite some time. btw, the plant was definately done flowering :)