Sean Parker Hero or Villain in the Legalization effort?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GreenThumb, Jan 24, 2016.

1. GreenThumb

GreenThumb How to Delete account?

What can I say? I have a tip on a horse in the fifth race.

Best bet is to put $2 on the favorite to show.

Again I ask because this site is/was California based Show me better.

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Just flipping ya shit Nip. I knew what you meant.:redbong:

Minn. took a bad deal a couple years back and we're only now beginning to recover from the twists and turns a few local well connected business types got. Basically 4 families got the entire State. No flowers only verrrrry expensive extracts.

We've a pretty united coalition with MPP, MnNORML, MCC (Minnesotans for Compassionate Care) so far. Maybe it's because we're still in a hard fought battle against a potent Law Enforcement lobby? Enemies of my enemy are my allies? Dunno....but until LEO and the government starts treating weed like tomatoes, which they should, these weird spats and odd bedfellows will continue.

Must say I was thoroughly pissed when you cats in Cali fucked up Legalization the first time through with infighting and folks trying to protect their precious turf. That was a bad scene.

:passit:

Btw.. what's with this? Who's trying to vet you, is behaving poorly, or accused you of violating the TOU?:eusa_eh: Thought we were simply chatting. How about instead of being rather cryptic, you elucidate some the issues as you see them in Cali? An informed POV from somebody local might be refreshing.

:redbong:

3. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I'm sitting on my hands and biting my tongue over here. Like I said earlier, fuck sean parker. I'm going to leave it at that.

4. GreenThumb

It's all good clean fun...

Just had a fun time posting a bit here.

Catch you all later.

GreenThumb :pimp:

5. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

:redbong:

6. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

This is exactly what is going on now. Everyone has become so tired of the bullshit that they are ready to settle for something that is crap. It's like the compassionate use act of 1996 never even happened. The state law allows us to grow a certain amount of plants, unless of course you live in the wrong county. wtf is that?

And now, because of MMRSA, any county/city that does not have laws in place by March 31st, the state will get to set the rules for that city/county. Because of this over half of the cities and counties in Ca have straight out banned any form of weed. The authors of mmrsa claim it was a mistake. I call bullshit on that. You drafted the bill you fucktards. The Police Chiefs fell all over themselves when they were handed that little gift and put out talking points to all the counties telling them how to go about banning weed.

7. ResinRubber

So basically, if i understand correctly, MMRSA pushed the fence sitting counties one way or the other? Counties that were ambivalent, or somewhat politically up for grabs, were forced to decide and went for harsh rather than lenient. Seems somebody overplayed their hand, or, counties that are already open and accepting to cannabis production want other counties closed. Top down engineering almost always gets perverted. If that wasn't the intent, at the very least it sure was shortsighted to not understand the potential local blowback.

Hey GT...welcome to blow in and rattle the cages anytime. You know, start a new subject, don't defend your position, then split before giving anybody any real information on what you're supporting. Mucho appreciado baby. :bong2: Don't make much sense to me...but at least you were polite about it.

8. GreenThumb

That's it?

Phew.. Bummer I didn't scare the dog better and get more barking. Not that I am saying you all are bitches. just to be clear, because I am not.

:wtf?:

LOL trying to be funny..

It is simple and I have already stated the basics.

All the "10" count them 10 efforts to legalize this time around are doing is making sure it never happens. That is the resulting pattern we see. FACT!

The goals have obviously been, for all times, except the original Prop 19; " for those old enough to remember", that to facilitate canna-business is not canna-freedom.

Get everyone to blindly enact Sean Parker's initiative so we have a garden for all. Look here is an an analogy : You are a lonely Sailor at a bar in some part of the world. The last pretty girl got the price she was asking and has left with another sailor. Now the only woman left is the bartender and she is older, fat and smells like garlic; however, you will get laid...

In this case being a wanker is not the best option.

Do you all get it?

9. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

I'm on my phone so I'll be brief, make your case or don't. I'm not cali so it doesn't effect ne, but I will say that I have more faith in the guys that stuck it out in the trenches than I do someone whom parades around in uniform and doesn't know his standing orders.

That being said, I always leave with the prettiest girl in the room. Sometimes more than one but that's because they know I don't fill them up with bs...they know what they are getting before leaving.

10. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Who the fuck wants to leave with the ugly fat chick? A settler, that's who. Fuck that.

11. nippie

12. GreenThumb

Funny you.

Seriously...

:bong-2:

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=VMnjF1O4eH0[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
  13. ResinRubber

Funny guy. Ask an honest question and again, cryptic answer at best, and not at all as entertaining as you seem to believe. Not a Cali voter or supporter so it don't really matter much to me. You Cali boys can talk yer vague nonsense of bargirls and wanking. Me, I'll take straight talk about specifics thank you.

So have fun with whatever it is you're trying to convince folks to support. If the style you've shown in this thread is any indicator...methinks you ain't gonna win many hearts.

Asking again, in all sincerity, what exactly is Sean Parker's plan, how is it better than others? What are the principle guiding factors and how will they be put into legislation? And no....you haven't answered any of these.

:passsit:

cheers,

14. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Well said ResinRubber. :redbong:

15. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^ could not agree more! I became a settler for the last 4-5 yrs of a 15yr relationship... FUCK THAT never again for anything or anyone.

enough with the cryptic bullshit...

Duc

16. GreenThumb

The part that concerns me is the garden rights for all. Six plants is what I saw. That would be a minimum I would believe not a maximum for all places in the State of California.

"Parker’s proposal — called the Control, Regulate, and Tax Adult Use of Marijuana Act — calls for ending cannabis prohibition in California, and allowing folks to possess up to one ounce of bud and grow up to six plants. Cities would have wide latitude on cannabis commerce, but couldn’t ban small, secure personal indoor gardens."

I believe there will be business licenses for business.

The actual initiative is a lot of pages so reading qualified reviews online would be better than anything I can convey to be sincere here. I will get you a link but you all might google the one that works best for you.

http://blog.sfgate.com/smellthetruth/2015/11/02/sean-parker-initiative-ignites-california-marijuana-legalization/

So, I see "garden" for all and am good right there. The rest is interesting from what I have perused.

I am an honest person for the most part as a man with autism. Aspies use language in interesting ways. Often it can appear to be problematic to neural-typicals until they get to know and understand aspies.

More than likely I am simply excited to post here on this subject and that is all. I would say jovial in adding content even.

So Sean Parker is funding an initiative to legalize which has support from some important people and groups from what I read. Like NAACP, MPP I think, NORML I believe, , Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom.

The rest of the initiatives are somewhat under-funded (broke) from what I understand therefore I believe the Sean Parker one will become our reality in 2017 here in California.

Anyway going back to the first post I suggested donating money so Sean Parker can match it. That is what is happening if I am understanding what I read well.

That is all I need so yes the rest was entertainment. Again I am not qualified to present an analysis of the "Sean Parker" initiative but I did provide a link with other links.

This one may be what most want to see http://reformca.org/initiatives/the-control,-regulate,-and-tax-cannabis-act-of-2016/

So that is all folks.

GreenThumb :coool:

17. ResinRubber

And most definitely appreciated. Now we got something to actually look at. Pardon me if I take the time to digest the links you've directed us to before replying further. Quite late to the subject and need to catch up.:read2: But reply I will.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than myself would have recognized the language tendencies of a person with autism. Apologies if I was overly ornery. That is my true nature though, so no harm no foul really.:bong-2:

18. ducrider

Must be channeling Mr Astro here because I remain skeptical, everyone of his previous posts are crystal clear or at least to the point..

wandering off now....

19. ducrider

but yes! thank you for being clear

20. nippie

Why didn't you post this in the beginning? Cheers :passsit:, I was wondering about you for a minute.

Imy going to read up, but Im wary of big money in this game.

But this, this is much better than previous :thumbs-up: