Some absolute oil runs

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by dowork123, Dec 31, 2013.

1. dowork123

dowork123 Delaying gratification!

This is what happens when it's too wet…I couldn't get the ethanol/H2O out of this. Smoking this was horrendous…so I ended up using it for edibles. I bit off more than I could chew….this was a 5oz nug run., couldn't get it purged and the reason was not enough pyrex dishes to spread it thin….this is how I learn.that's .6oz by the way :)

IMG_2484.jpg

/monthly_2014_01/IMG_2484.jpg.062109a0cbb72095dea690695052a67f.jpg

2. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Damn man good work... Still would love to see the vac and chamber set up

3. dowork123

gimme a few and ill post it up BB

4. dowork123

This is the chamber and the pump set up…any questions let me know.

IMG_2987.jpg

IMG_2988.jpg

/monthly_2014_01/IMG_2987.jpg.17e8a43e37c1f4fa0b90faeee26549a0.jpg

/monthly_2014_01/IMG_2988.jpg.addeb5fdcf88b42d0595a72848a3df62.jpg

5. Bigbud214

Did you make that plexiglass top for the stock pot? What's the red stuff around the rim? Where did you get the vacuum pump? I have lots if questions

6. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Shazzam

.6 ounces = 17 grams = more than I've ever made in a single run.

How much material did you start with, and was it trim or bud? How much butane did you use?

7. dowork123

The whole pot was purchased pre made, its called a vac it pro…I am the kind of guy that would rather pay a professional to do something, as most of the time I will get a superior product in comparison to anything I could put together. It was 140 bucks, steep for a pot with a lid, some valves and a gauge, I could have possibly made one for 40-50 bucks but the hassle of doing it and finding the tools seemed too much.

The pump is a high end pump, yellow jacket 7cfm and pulls to 15 micron or better (which is the more important number).

I think the red stiff around the rim is silicon or something of that nature, it creates the seal for the vacuum.

8. dowork123

I used 150g of a 16 week sativa, i'll never do that again….and I didn't trim the nugs, just hung it, got it bone dry and ran it….so it was 150g stuffed loosely into the tube. Yes its a huge tube, 2.5" diameter and 3.5' length. I used 4 cans of cold butane and a warm one for a better aerosol effect, pushes that remaining butane in the tube out better.

9. Bigbud214

I'm thinking a pressure cooker with a gauge and valve for vac line attached could work...

Where did you get that stuff? Across international?

10. dowork123

NO, I found it online, if forgot where I bought mine exactly but this would be a cheaper option to an oven….which also comes with issues. The only thing that could make my current set up better would be a scientific hot plate that keeps the temps more even…right now I fluctuate 87-100F sometimes up to 105F. So I believe I more stable temp would let me do my runs faster…so I'm looking into that.

11. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

12. dowork123

13. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

:popcorn-2:

14. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Tried this method, not impressed with the winterazation part. When you blow into a ball jar with everclear in it the bho precipitates out and clings to the wall of the jar if you agitate the jar even the slightest.