Started my DWC set up today

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by Justcheckingitout, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Once you go hydro, you don't go back to dirt. It's just so much less work.:thumbs-up:

JCIO, looking good brother! :redbong:

2. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

We learn something virtually every day. I've got about half soil and half hydro now. My vegging plants have to wait till there's a space in the flower rooms, one comes out one goes in, and may go 5 weeks. I learned to go easy on the nutes , especially with the hydro, till a week before flower or the bitches get out of hand. It gets hard to maintain an even canopy when the new girl towers over everybody else.

But you'll find the right strain and technique that puts you in control. Then you can use that smaller tub to store all those fat buds in.:thumbsup:

Be Cool, CG

3. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Start of week 5 of FlowerHere are some pic's of the start of week 5 flower. Used some Beasty Bloomz's at 50% strength along with the GH3 1.5-3.5-9 fert base. Looks like the stretching has stopped.

IMG_4177.JPG

IMG_4179.JPG

IMG_4180.JPG

/monthly_2014_05/IMG_4177.JPG.15c73c73765a622c34edde46427f2ece.JPG

/monthly_2014_05/IMG_4179.JPG.af79e1121c231ba775e823fc47d2c5df.JPG

/monthly_2014_05/IMG_4180.JPG.7c9c5ba297584aa05fc012dbce3f66eb.JPG

4. Justcheckingitout

I trimmed back some leaves that were blocking bud spots and holy shit there are a lot of bud spots that are in that jungle. Looks like 6 plants from seed and a small sea of green below the big shoots. I am guessing about 4 oz at least will come out of it. Truly amazing!

5. Justcheckingitout

Started picking....

Well, I started picking some buds from the jungle...I wanted to let the two plants go another week to fatten up the buds and over a week of flush. I only picked about 1/4 of the plant, prob less and got a z and a 1/2, so I figure about 5 or 6 z's out of the two clones I started with will be the total, which is killer considering that the nugs were finger size, some thumb size, I don't know if the size was due to heat temps or maybe just bigger smaller buds that I would have had from soil, (you know the ones that are on the smaller branches) (I had about 30 of those branches) either way, it's a over all win, win, win, win deal. I think I def got some of the learning curves down and with the bright lime green buds with frosted thc crystals and the great 2 toke stone that makes you think you should have only took one hit, it's a great thing I have tried and will continue to do in the future.

Thanks again for all the help that you all gave in my PM's and here on my grow threads, I know three of us here at GK that started about the same time with the DWC, and from some of the other two's threads, look like we are all sold on the DWC :bravo:

P.S I will post some pic's this week of some of the buds, I just picked another big ass 12" plastic jar full, still have about enough buds for 3 more of those jars, it's crazy.

6. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Nice! DWC will give you more bud that's for sure. It's great when get to actually see how much more you can do.