Starting a new Medical Marijuana Collective

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana' started by rasganjah, Jul 6, 2010.

1. wwboy

wwboy pro grow!

wwboy

ill say retain a lawer up front who worth a shit...no (state) lawer but one who has and will do battle with the feds...fed laws are way diff.....ive done fed time and will say there court system is not at all like the states...for example...if they watch you...and you sell coke....and bust yer buyer on the road with say 1oz...he agrees to make a (controlled) buy to get off his shit ...he buys the next wk ......one more time next month... and 5 more times over a yr ....they will at some point issue an fed warrent for 7 counts of poss/ sales and delivery of cocaine...(make up)...a dollar amount of what you have sold over the yr to others and total it....and give you one shot at telling on the bigger dog or you will recieve 20 (flat) yrs...there are no plea bargans...no nothing...just tell or get screwed....i know a guy whos doing 20 for selling heroin to a hooker who (said) she bought from him 20$ bags for yrs and they charged him with multiple kilos sales based on that statment...he is doing 20 and never ever in his life seen a kilo of heroin.....be carefull.....get the best lawer you can with yer $$$ profits or other...i admire you bro ...i lack the guts.

2. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Whoa dude WTF? Nobody said anything about selling coke or any other drugs for that matter.

I am well aware of the risks involved concerning the conflict between federal and state laws on MMJ. Thank you for your concern. We have a Lawyer on retainer.

We are one of thousands of collectives in CA and most never experience any problems with federal authorities. For the most part the danger lies within abiding by the state laws and keeping the local authorities happy. Collectives that experience problems are often times not keeping proper records on sales and are failing to pay their taxes properly. We are planning on having a book keeping/payroll company handle our tax records and employee payroll. We are a non profit (charitable) corporation and where the danger lies in in improper book keeping and being in violation with the state laws for operating a MMJ collective. There are very specific requirements for compliance with the state regulations.

Number one reason why collectives have problems with the law is due to complaints from neighboring business owners or other citizens in the community, and that is due to the attitude the owners have and how they present themselves to their business neighbors and the conservatives in the community in which they are operating. Lots of collectives have names like 4:20 collective, West Cost Weed, Herbal Nugget Collective, Top Shelf 420, House of Herb, etc. I have personally dealt with a few collective owners that were for the lack of a better term "Stereotypical dumb stoners" They don't have the ability to speak without cursing or using a bunch of slang terms, they have attitudes like drug dealers of old (that you NEED them and not the other way around) they seem to have no feel for the nuances of business and dealing with patients (or customers) and seem to think that they need to be out there and be aggressive about their personal views and opinions regardless of how it makes them look to the general public. A lot of them don't operate with a professional manner.

3. neoublie1987

neoublie1987 Germinating

now what if you wanted to start a delivery service for patients that have joined your collective,the patients and i dont need any paperwork to start and form a collective.all we need is doctors rec correct? a collective is just a group of patients that use medical marijuana.they all grow it themselves and split up the meds at the end.no money transactions.just grower/patient relationships and helping one another.if you need any help with your collective let me know id be glad to help in many different ways!!

4. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

neo

a couple of things you should know....ras is still here but comes around less than he used to...so if you are looking for an answer from him..it may be a while...so please be patient...

another is you ask some questions about a collective like you are new and then offer help...kind of confusing to me....are you new and need help..or are you experienced and are offering help?

:-welcome-:

ncm

5. neoublie1987

neoublie1987 Germinating

im asking questions and was letting him know there are ways i could be of service to him and his new collective.if i can lend a hand and learn at the same time it benefits everyone.