There's no weed in this recipe

Discussion in 'The 'Kind Kitchen' started by friendlyfarmer, Sep 19, 2009.

1. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

so feel free to boot this thread if I'm missing a rule...

So I usually don't post this stuff, but I love to eat. I'm an opportunivore. If it tastes good, and it's not something gross like spider snot, I eat it. I love it all- sushi, steak, seafood, indian, italian, mexican, chinese, barfood, fast food, snacks, junk food, and beer. I've even had astronaut food and loved it.

The last time I got "Congratulations genius you just invented the p,b &j" but I really think I'm on to someting new here. I just made a real Dagwood sandwich, and am just finishing up eating it as I write.

I took two slices of thick healthy wheat bread and slathered them with hellmans myonaise. On one one side I piled sprouts, then peppered them with freshly groud black pepper. I dabbed a little Annies Goddess salad dressing on the sprouts, and rolled 5 slices of thick ham. I chipped some really sharp cheddar cheese and put it over the ham.

On the other slice of bread I piled slices of fresh porto mushrooms. I sprinkled with blue ginger curry powder, and the rest of the cheese. Some thinly sliced white onion on both sides to top it all off, then on into the toaster oven at 300 degrees for 15 minutes. I waited till the cheese just started to toast, and the bread was crunchy.

Before I stuck it in the oven I laid it on tin foil, and wrapped it up a little. After toasting, I put the heaping slices together to make a sandwich by folding the tin foil up, capturing all the toasted goodies falling out.

Slice in two, serve on plate with chips and coke. It was Damn Good. On my scale of food goodness, Damn Good is like I'd eat it again probably many many times, but it's heavy so I'd get bunout quck from eating the same thing all the time.

So.....did I invent a new sandwich, or what?

lukesmommy likes this.
  2. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

food

Damn reading this thread made me hungry. Thanks for posting it will try it.

teamster6

3. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Sounds tasty! :thumbsup:

Fuck, when I've got the munchies, the Hellman's on toast sounds tasty to me. :icon_scratch:

4. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

That did sound DELISH, FF! Thanks for the munchies menu item!

I LOVE onions, raw esp! Man, that sammich sounds like a tummy full and a half!!!

Thanks for the new recipe, man!

Peace

-LM

5. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

How stoned WERE you when you put this all together? :wink:

6. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

I was well preserved, let's say.

I really recomend trying it! It was really good. And good for you too. Sprouts and mushrooms are "super foods" that supposedly do wonders for your body.

7. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

'Mr Hankey' summer sausage

Thought this thread was as good as any to post this in.

Merry Christmas.............Enjoy!!

[​IMG]

'Mr Hankey' Summer Sausage

3 lb Ground Turkey

2 lb Ground Beef

6 tbs. Morton 'Tender Quick' curing salt

2 1/2 tsp. Liquid Smoke

2 1/2 tsp. dry Mustard

6 tsp. Coarse Black Pepper

5 Garlic Cloves (minced)

Mix all ingredients well

Cover & refrigerate

Knead 5 mins. for 4 consecutive days

On the 5th day, roll into 5 logs (approx. 8" long)

Place on cookie sheet, cook 2-3 hrs. @ 175 degrees until logs are holding their shape.

Then place the logs directly onto the oven rack with a cookie sheet on the lower shelf to catch any drippings and continue to bake for another 8-9 hrs.

(total baking time: 9-11 hrs)

Let cool, & refrigerate

Slice, and enjoy with your favorite cheese & crackers!
    :beerchug: