They grow up so fast *tear*

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by Deadweed, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Deadweed

Deadweed My Plants 2 weeks Flower

Ok so I got one clone from Deadweed that has taken root and is growing new shoots and doing extremely well since I didn't use any rooting hormone, just 45 degree cut straight into soil. Though I do realize I might have gotten lucky so I picked up Schultz TakeRoot powder and got another Deadweed clone started. I realize in flowering is very hard to clone which is why I took a bottom branch off that wasn't flowering at all. I won't be doing any more clones from Deadweed as I realize it is stress on a plant. Rasheed which I found out is female, early flowering, I made one clone with the rooting hormone. I also picked up K-GRO all purpose nutes. I realize it says all-purpose, but it was the cheapest I could find, plus no other flowering nuts had lower N in it than a 10. the only ratio I could find for flowering was 15-30-15 which I realize has higher N and K than my schultz 10-15-10, but like I said I went through many stores and no nutes with a high P in it had a lower N in it than 15 or 10, plus this K-GRO stuff has extra nutes in it like copper and boron. Mixed a quarter of the recommended amount of nute powder into water and feed the flowering plants. Hope the 15 N isn't going to kill it.

2. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Don't go with the cheapest you can find; instead go with the best you can afford :thumbs-up:

3. Deadweed

Well it's was the only choice I could find that was best for my needs. I dont have any gardening centre in town and we all know big stores like Sears and Walmart don't have a great variety of stuff. I know lower N is prefered but is 15-30-15 NPK horrible for this stage? oh and after I cook dinner I can upload photos, my camera sucks zoomed in so not sure if you can see the white hairs growing. But I tried to get the best pics of the bud sites as I can lol

4. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

First of all, what do you means by "best for my needs"? I meant what I said, and unless you want to grow sm. vs. lg., it makes no difference.

And then there's 'the limited supply'. I know you're online, so do you have a debit card? Credit? Just go online and shop.

It's 2011, dude :thumbs-up:

5. Deadweed

I don't believe in credit cards, that's how they track you and target you for ads. I know money leaves a trail too, only by serial number so it's a very stone age method that only shows where money is going, not names or anything like a card. And I don't believe if it's not the best it won't grow big buds. I mean don't you realize MJ has been growing wild for thousands of years without human help? lol I'm not trying to be rude and sorry if I come off that way. I mean I'm regulating it, I check it daily and do inspections, I feed it nutes and test different levels. I keep the plant well watered and in damn good shape. Ok sure I won't grow like no where near 5 lbs or anything big like that, but I can still manage a good amount. People can have the best damn nutes in the world and can still fuck up a plant :p

6. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

:lmao:

Cool. Whatever, dude.

:lmao:

Good luck with that and Happy Growing :thumbs-up:

7. Deadweed

8. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Wally World sells Alaska Fertilizer and Alaska Morbloom (0-10-10) for $7 a bottle. It pays to check rather than assume.

9. Deadweed

A little low on the phosphate isn't it?

10. ResinRubber

0-2-2 would work if you know how to use it. I'm currently running Drammatic K 2-6-0.2 and molasses for a bloom fert. It's all in the application.

11. Deadweed

So 15-30-15 is too high?

12. ResinRubber

No, but you're dosing a lot of N which is contrary to what you're trying to accomplish during flower.

My point was in response to your statement

It's not how high the numbers are, it's the ratio of the nutrients in relation to each other. In my example of Drammatic K the potassium (K) is low in ratio for flowering which slows bud development that's why the supplement of molasses (high in potassium). These are the things you need to pay attention to if you want to grow buds like you see in the GK calendar.

13. Deadweed

Ok I have a question. I've read a few things online that says molasses is only for the microbes in the soil because the sugars are to complex and to big to pass through the cellular wall. Is that true? Also if I don't have money to buy the fancy molasses will regular grandma's molasses do? I'm just not sure what molasses does after hearing so many different opinions on it.

14. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

yea molasses is sure to start some shit, I've never seen an open agreement as to which brand.. but most swear by 1 tbsp per gal of black strap molasses.

do not get the maple syrup!!!! Most whole foods or store like that will carry what you need.

what do you mean by fancy molasses?? The shit is dirt cheap, most prefer it to the syth that cost a shitload for basically the same carbs.

15. ResinRubber

Blackstrap molasses, Brer Rabbit or Grandma's brands are good. Don't use the fancy it's pretty much worthless.

Not only is it good for microbial activity in the soil it adds Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, Phosphorus and pretty much all your trace micro elements needed for a healthy garden are contained in molasses.

As for the sugars or carbs uptake by the plant...my guess leans towards the NOT. If they were you could pour sugar water on with similar results...and you can't. It's the multi-nutritional benefit and trace elements that are so beneficial. In a living organic soil the sugars/carbs give a boost to mycorrhizae which usually obtain it from the root of your plant. The mycorrhiza in return supply your plant root with increased moisture and nutrients derived from the soil. More mycorrhiza = increased benefit to the plant.

Of course you have to have added mycorrhizae or used soil with mycorrhizae added/present in the first place. Even so....the nutritional benefit is still there.

Hey Deadweed....can I ask you a simple? Every time I see your sig it kinda bugs me.

Do you really know what it takes to selectively create a 'new' strain? Breeders spend 8 generations (or more) of plant cycles with the number of individual plants often times numbering in the hundreds to fully isolate or hybridize a new strain. just sayin man............

16. Deadweed

Honestly when I say fancy I mean fully organic, expensive, meant to feed plants type. I dunno I'm new to all this. But I really need something to beef up the buds. All I have is Grandma's molasses. I have no idea on the application of it since I see mixed opinions. I know there is no perfect application and every plant has different needs. But what is the low level I can start with and what is the max I can use up to? I usually start off with diluted nute water to see how the plant reacts, and if it doesn't improve much in a week I increase accordingly.

17. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

just use 1 tbs per gallon, sometimes warm wonder does wonders if globby (don't water with warm water).

you really cant hurt it, natural unrefined carbs.. I my self am looking for a product to do the same in hydro

Most shit is snake oil these days, but some products do work as claimed, this is one of those wives tales that really work, no fancy package with pretty pix.

18. Deadweed

yeah but this shit is so thick, what do I have to do boil water and dissolve it in it first then let it cool?

19. ResinRubber

Pour it in, shake it up, put it on. Pretty simple man.

20. Deadweed

Ah ok, I'll give it a try.