TInctures

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana' started by Useless, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

Here is a simple recipe for a Tincture (elixer or extract).
    Its basically a brandy/bud mash for you moonshiners.
    Take some coursely chopped buds about the size of pea gravel chunks and soak them in the brandy of your choice for 3 weeks. Remove the buds from the brandy and press the hell out of them, trying to get all the brandy out of the green matter. Of course, you have to have some means to collect the ganja brandy you are pressing out. I will leave that to you as there are many ways to do it. This is the first press, you can do it 2-3 times, with degrading quality at each press.
    Thats all there is to the extract. TO make the elixer, simply add warm honey to the flavor of your liking.
    Store it in an eye dropper bottle. It typically takes 2-6 dropper fuls for a good buzz. Pure THC, no smoking involved, and its actually a pleasant way to medicate.
    This is the recipe I got from a medical club that sells the elixer. Although I haven't tied it persoanlly, I plan to strat some soaking this week. I let you know of the final results.

2. greenthumb420

greenthumb420 Hash Engineer

Great post Useless. My pills work great and this may be better. Can't wait to try making some.

3. ClayStreet

ClayStreet Gypsy

wow Useless.. I'm beginning to wonder, is there nothing you don't know or can't do?

Useless is hardly the handle for ya, unless it's a play on words kinda humor.. [​IMG] Kinda like my bumersticker: Born Again Atheist

4. Useless

I know very little Clay. And cant do a lot of things. I just like to pass on good info to my fellow GK'ers. This recipe comes from one of the Cannibus Clubs I go to.

The handle is kind of an inside joke amongst me and my friends.

Love the bunper sticker. I am partial to the amphibian eating the fish, the amphibian says fact, the fish says fiction. LOL

5. Mrs B

Mrs B Guest

Excellent idea, Useless! Any idea what proportions to use? I think I'm gonna try this with some of the leaves I've got-- water cure them, dry, chop, and then put them in a big mayo or pickle jar and fill it up with brandy to soak. The rest of the leaves will be cooked into some olive oil for Mrs. B's famous spaghetti sauce! Okay, maybe some into butter for brownies, too. Ooh, B's kitchen is gonna be floating!:biggrin:

6. Useless

You can use any amount of bud for the Extract B. SInce its an extract, it really doesn't matter how much you use, you will just get less if you use less. For the butter, I use about 1 1/2LBS. of trim to 1 pound of butter. It works out to be about 3X strength butter. Then use the butter as you would normally for the recipe, that way the food still tastes good.

Hope that helps.

7. doctorcalyx

doctorcalyx Full Flowering

Alright something new to try! I love to drink so this is going to be interesting. I have a question though, Should the buds I use be dried or fresh cut or does it matter? :madrock:

8. Useless

They should be dry Doc, so they can soak up the brandy.

9. ClayStreet

ClayStreet Gypsy

then you'd love my darwin fish I got on the back too,

One ssays Evolve and it's humping the other one that says Ixoye! [​IMG]

then I got some more stickers:

-don't annoy the crazy person

-I see dumb people

-Atheism Cures Religious Terrorism

-It's not that I'm anti social, I just don't like you

then a dead kennedy's symbol, and Independant Truck Company (indy cross).

10. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

LOL... My girl has a licence frame that says "I'm not ignoring you...you're just insignificant"

(Edited by Herbsparky at 11:13 pm on July 19, 2003)

11. rangerdanger

rangerdanger ***Rest in Peace***

OR

You can add dried pot to any alcoholic beverage ( the higher proof the better), let it sit there for a week (less if you shake it up baby daily) and drink it (strain it through something). You can use the alcohol/marijuana mixture for mixed drinks too.

Try a marijuana margerita. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

A word of caution: When cooking or drinking pot, ALWAYS test a little bit first. I have seen people collapse from eating too many happy cookies, too 'limp' to function. And note that with eating/drinking it, the effects last hours.

12. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I've got more "How to's" saved on my computer that Useless has posted on this site.

Useless: Looks like a killer Idea....I've got it on the list of things to do with my killer weed....:biglaugh:

Thanks as always for the cool info bro!

13. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

LOL Ranger...."Marijuana Margerita".