Tony's C99, Cream Caramel, Kandy Kush, & Shark Attack Grow

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Tony Aroma, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Tony Aroma

Tony Aroma Let's Go - Two Smokes!

I've been kind of busy and didn't want the responsibility of regularly updating a grow log. So this is just a quick summary.

The details of my setup can be found here. Basically, a 400 w bulb and organic soil.

I changed my strategy this time to fewer plants and more veg time. Only four plants, one of each, but I vegged for 9 weeks from seed. That definitely made a HUGE difference in yield. I ended up getting about as much from one plant as I did from two of the same on previous grows. In fact, I set a new personal yield record.

Here are some picts from the week before harvest:

[​IMG]

Here's the whole gang. The SCROG is filled in almost as much with 4 plants as on my previous grows with 6 plants.

[​IMG]

This is the Cream Caramel. Hard to see, but it consistently gets a reddish/purplish color on its leaves near harvest time.

[​IMG]

The Shark Attack was a freebie. Supposed to be a high-CBD strain. It was a very vigorous grower and very frosty.

[​IMG]

The C99 was also a frosty girl. But I think this one is different from either of the phenos I previously grew.

[​IMG]

The Kandy Kush was a very stout young lady. It's colas were fairly short and very fat and dense, very easy to trim.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2012
    Old Resin likes this.
  2. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Definitely got some frost on those ladies! Nice work!

3. Tony Aroma

Final Results

Here's the final record-breaking score:

Kandy Kush – Harvest @ day 61

46.0 g = 1.62 oz.

Cream Caramel – Harvest @ day 61

34.2 g = 1.21 oz.

C99 – Harvest @ day 59

42.4 g = 1.50 oz.

Shark Attack – Harvest @ day 59

42.1 g = 1.49 oz.

Total: 164.7 g, 5.81 oz

I've never even averaged an oz per plant before, so this is a big jump in yield. And all it took was a couple of extra weeks of veg time.

It's all still curing, so I don't have a smoke report yet. Based on samples, they should end up similar to previous batches (I've not grown the SA before). Already the Kandy Kush has that great, sweet taste. Kandy Kush and C99 are definitely at the top of my list! I highly recommend both.

4. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

looking good as usual man!

5. bncooldude13

bncooldude13 I supply your drug dealer

Tony nice looking plants.

Its good that you can get same yeild, using less plants.

It seems like your colas are getting way fatter.... like way fatter, probably from them getting more light, rather then fighting for light. Awesome.

Do more logs bro, we love too see your work man.

Gratz on the harvest.

Are you gonna be doing more strains in the future, or stickin to the same ones?

You are def dialing in your strains dawg.

6. Old Resin

Old Resin Resinating

I see nothing wrong with those buds...mmmm...frosty....:bong-2:

7. Tony Aroma

Thanks for the kind words.

I think the big difference is time. Bigger plants, bigger roots, bigger buds. Lights are the same, SCROG's the same, soil, ferts, everything. Only difference is veg time.

I plan on starting another grow very soon. This time I grew my favorites, plus the SA freebie. Since I have a pretty good supply now, I think my next grow will be all or mostly new stuff. I just ordered the following:

Sweet Seeds – Wild Rose

Sweet Seeds – Psicodelicia

Sweet Seeds – Mohan Ram

Female Seeds – C99

Barney’s Farm – Vanilla Kush

With the Xmas specials, I got a LOT of freebies (most of which I'm not too excited about):

Ch9 Female Seeds Vintage 2006

Positronics Seeds Jack Diesel

CH9 Female Seeds Yumboldt x Vintage 2006

CH9 Female Seeds Jack 33

Cali Connection Boss Hogg 2 REG

TH Seeds Critical HOG

Delta 9 Labs Sativa House Mix 5 REG

Dinafem Seeds White Widow AUTO

G13 Labs Gigabud

Since I like the Cream Caramel so much, I wanted to try some more from Sweet Seeds. Probably do one of each of the new strains next time. I guess the C99 counts as a "new" strain too, since I've been growing the hybrid. So many strains, so little time (and space).

8. Old Resin

Old Resin Resinating

Tony-I agree with you on the veg-it's not the calender that counts man...it's the plant. Don't be married to a two week veg (ie if thats what your veg is) if the plants don't look ready.

I've had to go as many as 6 weeks to get them where I wanted them.

The calender didn't like it...but the scale did...