Under Current/RDWC hybrid system

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by Useless, May 18, 2011.

1. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

NC - 1 kw per 4 plants. I really would have preffered to run horizontal with reflectors, but the plants were just too fucking big. So the other half of the room will get the reflectors, so I can compare.

CC - I knew you would ask bro. Custom bulkhead fittings, cost me $3.50 each instead of $15-30 each for ones that you can buy. Problem with plumbing PVC connectors is that all plumbing pipe is tapered thread. Wont seal unless you mash the crap out of it. The solution is straight thread connectors, so just walk away from the plumbing section and go to the electrical section! The connectors are for conduit, hence you get the straight threads. 1 male and 1 female are required, and then 2 rubber gaskets. I ordered my gaskets from McMaster Carr, pack of 10 for $12.

On a side note, for smaller set up that doesn't have as much flow rate, you can use 1-1/2" PVC electrical conduit connectors, and then go to the bath section, and get the 1-7/8" Buna-N drain gasket for bathtubs. Fits perfect and no need to shop around. I still use a bit of silicone to make 100% sure there are no leaks.

Blah BLah, correct, only diff is flow, and direction of flow.

2. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

Incredible. It boggles my mind to see that much herbs being grown.

Useless, I see that you and a few other experienced growers have your bulbs hanging vertically instead of horizontally with reflectors. Is that what's up? I mean for results. It's also only done with 1k lights though, right?

3. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

lights

was that 1 kw for 4 plants or for 4tubs with 8 plants...sorry but the pics show 8 plants...just wonderin....

you have 2 kw lights in there right...dah...i am a spazzz...pardon my question...

4. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

good info on vert lighting

and other stuff too

:bump:

5. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

ive been doing vert for over 4 years now...ONLY way to go in my opinion

not sure why people don't run vert, the cooling practices are the same, just minus a HUGE radiating goofy oversized hood....people get sucked in by other grows and how they look and the comments behind the air temps, the bulb isn't going to get any hotter in any place, no matter where it is, how its placed

6. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Useless, do you happen to remember if the vert lights did OK? You ran a side by side - some vert some in hoods.

What do you think of vertical lighting now?

7. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

FF..........im not the Useless but, id bet my left nut that VERT is his only choice to grow with

with a hood your trying to BEND the light back downward, which gives it a specific footprint, within doing that your losing atleast 20% intensity from the bulb

I've always used the lampshade scenario......wait till your living room is pitch black, turn on a lamp WITH a lampshade......look at the footprint the light gives out and how illuminated the room gets(bright).........

Then take OFF the lampshade and run the same scenario......you'd be surprised at the mass of full bulb light that you get and how each and every corner of the room gets light to its fullest

the lampshade ON is a waste of bulb life,energy and intensity, let alone only filling a specific space givin.

think about it..