US CANNABIS CUP SEATTLE 2013! (UNOFFICIAL Thread)

Discussion in 'Member Contributions and Social Media Forum' started by Discorilla, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

HOORAY! IT'S GOING TO BE IN SEATTLE! I SAID I WANTED TO GO TO THE NEXT ONE, AND IT'S COMING!!!!!!!! WOOHOOO!

Midnight, feel like a trip up north?

2. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

Nice. I'm jealous.

:passsit:

3. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

I won't be able to make this one.

4. Discorilla

It should be very fun! I'm planning on at least one of the days!

5. Midnight Garden

Disco has graciously agreed to cover the cup for growkind! Watch for a thread soon! Danny Danko was kind enough to comp us two tickets. Much thanks Danny.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2013
  6. Discorilla

Thank you Danny Danko! This is going to be an amazing adventure!

Also, there's nothing to it, Midnight! I've been telling my wife that I want to become an active member in the cannabis community, and this is a way to do it! It's also a way to get Growkind some exposure to a now legal world over here in Washington. Even if you need a license, you still need to learn to cultivate Kind buds.

[​IMG]

7. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Maaaannn. I'm envious of you! I so want to go to a cup! Next year I will make it to one!

Have fun and take a shit load of pics!

8. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

You west coasties get all the fun. Can't wait for the pics and videos Disco:bravo::good job:

9. Discorilla

:pimp:Everyone knows the West Coast is the best coast!

10. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Damn...I would love to see that. Make us proud disco

11. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I'll be looking for your updates while there. Dannys looking forward to meeting you. Have a good time.

12. Discorilla

One month away, and I already feel the buzz coming on!

So I've got a lot of preparations to be made for this trip. There are definitely going to be a ton of photos to come!

For videos, what kind of things would you like to see? Would you guys like me to try and meet up with anyone in particular? Any questions that the GrowKind Community would like to ask our fellow cultivators out there?

What's the best way to get the GrowKind name out there? Should I find a Screen Printer in town and have a shirt made? Is there a logo I could use?

I am so excited for this opportunity! I'm taking oil hits in preparation for the Cup. I don't want any of the geezers smokin' me under the table!:bong-2:

13. Midnight Garden

I was so fucking blazed by the time I left the the last cup it wasn't even funny. You'll see. :rofl6:

14. Midnight Garden

There are going to be so many different people there that you can basiclly take your pick. You'll find that most everyone will be willing to talk to you on camera. Just go with it and have fun with it. As for particular people to interview, I'd interview Danny again, he makes it real easy. He's real mellow and knows his shit. There will a ton of growers there, I'd try to find someone that has the "next best strain" and interview them. Lots of different vendors, glass blowing is cool.

I personally would like to hear Danny talk about organic pest control when growing in an outdoor environment.

The main thing is just go with your gut and have fun with it.

15. Discorilla

Guess I better go interview the DNA boys about Tangie, then!

16. Midnight Garden

That brings up a good question about the Tangie. When Danny interviewd that one dude from DNA, that guy said that Reserva Pravada was spinning off to form their own seed company called Big Sky Seeds. See if you can find out who is/are the principals behind that company. If one of them is who I think it is then I would not take even free seeds from them. The one cat in question goes by Big Sky on the pot boards, at one time he called himself "sour seed co", he's a snake in the grass as I have had dealings with him. I'm not even sure it's the same person but it makes my spidey sense tingle. Danny said that they are out of Colorado, and I know that the dude I am talking about is majorly involved in the Co medical scene.

17. Discorilla

Big Sky sounds more like a Montana reference than CO.

18. Midnight Garden

That's exactly where the dude started out from. I belong to a private board that he is part of, I'm looking at past posts now and don't find any mention of it so far. Too much of a cowinky dink for me to just let it lay. I was partially responsible for getting him banned from Sannies site a while back.

19. Discorilla

Good call! I may look into that.

I have a few contacts in the Big Sky area. I'll see what I can find out about it. I know that I am currently running a Silver LA from Reserva Privada, and the leaves almost have a faint glitter to them. I've been happy with the freebie I got, but haven't really looked into them further. I've heard good things about them.

Maybe this guy from Big Sky can just grow a massive amount, and they want him to do their runs...

20. Midnight Garden

Reserva Privada is just an almalgam of different seed vendors running under the name of DNA. The way it was told to me was that people were always asking DNA to sell their gear. Instead of putting the DNA name on it (since DNA never made the seeds) DNA spun off another subsidary, if you will, and called it Reserva Privada, basically anyone that wants to sell seeds under that label can do it with DNA's blessing.