video cams

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by choker, Jan 27, 2014.

1. choker

choker HIDING OUT

I am going to film a demo for my business. It will be for a in home service and then made playable on youtube or web site. There are a few cameras out there. The question is what one to buy? It has to be hands free because, I will be the filming it. I have seen motor cyclist wearing a head ban type.

I was wondering if anyone has any insight on theses cameras. pro and cons.

2. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

3. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

I'm one of those guys that use a GoPro HD while riding dirt bikes. They work decently for that but I'm not so sure that the video that mine makes would be suitable for use commercially. The wide angle lens tends to distort the image badly. In action sports, that might be tolerable, but just about any normal hand-held camcorder would probably make a better quality video.

My thought is: If it's going to be business-related, it needs to look professional.

OS

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

This.

5. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

cameras

look into getting someone from craigslist to do the filming an editing in exchange for them using it as one of there projects...

good luck...

lots to learn to do it by yourself....

6. choker

choker HIDING OUT

Thought about getting someone to do the filming. It would be hard to call them and wait at the customers house for them to arrive. I cant just do it at any house. The situation has to be perfect.

As far as professional. That falls in with hiring a camera crew. Writing a script and so forth. I clean carpet. I just want to show what steps we use to clean and the results. Like 30 seconds of showing one vacuuming and 30 seconds of pretreating the spots and soiled areas. Then clean the room half way showing a night and day difference. And then a shot of finished room. I will narrate while im doing each step. 30 seconds should be enough for each. If customers can see how we do it and the results would be cool. No company in the area has one.

I know I should have my whole body in the video and have someone film it for the upmost impact. For now a head band type camera will do the trick. Its a start.