What Is Simpson Oil?

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by ScottyG420, Apr 29, 2012.

1. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

From what little info I have been able to dig up, I know it's some sort of tincture. I know it can also be applied as a topical as well. Can somebody give me a link or give me some more information about how it's made, can it be purchased at a dispensary. Just kinda of a general what-is-it? question.

2. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

3. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Iso extract

4. ScottyG420

Ahhh..OK. Thanks Stash. Is it different from QWISO wash?

5. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Scotty, Ive watched a few videos from Rick Simpson showing how he makes his hemp oil. As Bud said, google is your friend here but in a nutshell, he uses MEK to extract the oil. MEK has a much higher boiling point than ISO so he uses a rice cooker (outdoors) to cook off the solvent. The oil he produces has the consistency of very soft (almost runny) pudding. I'm thinkng that before the final purge is complete it would be perfect for dipping buds in. What Rick produces is real medicine.

It takes a lot of weed to make a usable amount of oil though. I hink Mr. Simpson yeilds about 8 fluid oz of oil from a pound of top shelf bud.

I have it in my mind to try mixing a little MEK with a chunk of bubble hash to see if I can make myself a little dipping sauce. :jj:

Duc

6. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

Run from the cure, great docu with Mr. Simpson

7. ScottyG420

Thanks for the info Duc! I cant believe I've never heard of this guy or his product before. Sounds potent as hell. It's a little strange that he uses paint thinner to make the oil. That seems a bit toxic.