White Widow/Lemonberry grow!

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Mrgreengenes, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I just finished chopping the white widow back. They already have root tips poking out around the fabric pots. I'll veg for two more weeks then flip the lights to 12/12

IMG_4293.JPG

2. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Blows me away every time I see them bounce back! Nice work!

3. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Checking in. How's the LemonBerry?

4. Mrgreengenes

I'm flipping the lights this weekend. Out of the 4 there is one confirmed male showing pre balls.

5. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

can you post a pic of the pre balls? I think I know what they look like but am not sure. Thanks

6. Mrgreengenes

Lol. I'll post some tonight.

7. Mrgreengenes

IMG_4356.JPG Here are the balls.

Max Rockatansky likes this.
  8. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

and that happens prior to 12/12, cause that looks like 12/12 to me.

9. Mrgreengenes

There getting 19 hrs of light per day.

10. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Males always seem to show in veg from my experience. not that I haven't been surprised before in flower, but it seems males show sex quicker.

Many of times I've seen balls like mrg is show8ng in my veg area when it's new seeds.

Btw, stellar, you know that as always lol. when you cut back, how many times are you topping before that? I can't get mine that many branches at that height. some strain do better than others, but do you have tips for lanky plants that naturally have far nodes?

11. canadian123

canadian123 hemp ninja

Hey MGJ nice grow as always!. How do you find pure blend pro in hydro?...does it gunk up your res?... I love pure blend and use it in promix and was considering it in my hydro setup but was worried about it plugging up all my drip lines.

Edit; I still have a pack of Lemonberry seeds from the original run back in the day think I need to pop some.

12. Mrgreengenes

Nippie I topped only once with this strain. I'll be removing all fan leaves this weekend. I'll post some added thoughts later. IMG_4370.JPG

13. Mrgreengenes

Nippie, the best advice for plants that naturally stretch, and with natural further node spacing is to keep lights as close as possible and super crop the tops to shorten innernode spacing.
    Hey Canadian123, I like the pure blend in Eb and flow no problems. I do run a circulation pump in the sump to keep the nutes suspended. Not sure how it would do in a drip system.

14. Mrgreengenes

IMG_4414.JPG IMG_4413.JPG I just finished removing all fan leaves from the white widow table. I'll be removing the fan
    Leaves from the other plants tomorrow.

15. Mrgreengenes

I finished defoliating the other plants tonight and fliped the lights to 12/12
    IMG_4417.JPG

16. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

17. Mrgreengenes

Well here they are the day after defoliating all the plants.
    GTI, I'll post weekly updates from here on out so you can see the changes along with everyone else. All questions welcomed.
    IMG_4424.JPG
    IMG_4425.JPG

18. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

So, two weeks before the flip, at the flip and 3 weeks in, I let the goat into the garden? Would this hold true for 12 week Sativa with a 30 day stretch?

I can't help wondering how the solid stuff in Liquid Karma can get into the pots on the table. Wouldn't the pot material filter it out?

19. Mrgreengenes

OldSmokey, I want to point out that two weeks before was for topping purposes to help spread them out. I did not defoliate two weeks before. Ok?
    I do a complete defoliation the same day I flip to 12/12, then 3 weeks later I defoliate again and remove all the fan leaves.
    OldSmokey, as far as your plant goes with the 30 day stretch I would still remove all the leaves at the flip of flower (12/12). during the next three weeks I would perform weekly supper-cropping of the tops to slow vertical growth. At the three week mark, defoliate all plants again and any small shoots that appear to low to get good light.
    My understanding of the particulate matter in Botanicare is there, but still give off the nutrients in the H2o it is mixed with. I've never had a problem with nutrient issues.

20. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

Thanks, Mr. G. I'm going to give it a try in the next couple of weeks or so. The net still needs some filling.

How much does the defoliating affect the height of the plants? Does it slow them down much height-wise? (I overflowed my screen last time and am trying to avoid doing it a second time.)