Winter Grow Season

Discussion in 'Strains and Crosses' started by nippie, Sep 19, 2007.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

I have a question about temps. I was looking for a strain for the winter growing season that can handle temps around 60f* give or take a few degrees. My growing room is a former storage closet that will not be heated directly, but differently won't freeze. Before anyone suggests warming the room with the heat off a bulb, I don't want to create a fire hazard by moisture building on a bulb during the night then heating right away. Lights will be t5 floros with a couple of cfls on the side with the hempy method. If someone has actually grown in these "cooler" conditions please chime in, I can easily read the propaganda on the bean websites, just want to know from some one's own experience.

2. Shine Down

Shine Down plays in cabinets........

buddy of mine in seattle, grew romulan x timewarp in his basement, with no heater in the middle of winter, it took longer to finish but turned a badass purple color.... he said the day temps avg'd 45-50 in the area that was sectioned off for the flower portion of the room.... and high 50's when the 1k hps was on...

still very potent and got 2 lbs from 3 plants.... combo dwc/aeroponic