Would it cause problems if I were to...

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by cjb03, Jul 25, 2008.

1. cjb03

cjb03 Full Flowering

tie down my outside plants when they start to bud?

2. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

No

You can LST outdoors.

3. cjb03

cjb03 Full Flowering

When would be a good time? Should I do it while they're still in veg stage?

4. DaBurner420

DaBurner420 This Line For Rent.

Do it in veg, why stress the plant when it's trying to bud

5. cjb03

cjb03 Full Flowering

The only reason I want to do it is to make it look like a vine or some shit to helicopters. Maybe put some ribbons on it to look like flowers or something.

6. DaBurner420

DaBurner420 This Line For Rent.

...let me add that youll do more good than bad when tying while budding as far getting more direct light.

Maybe you can add fake flowers to your plants:suave:

7. Brussels

Brussels Germinated

Actually, it doesn't matter when you start training your plants. For several years, I've always started around this time of year when flowering is nautrally starting. Just go slow, allowing the branches to to become accustomed to the new positions. I eventualy have mine growing horizontally with the ground. Doing this opens the lower branches to grow towards the sun, creating new smaller colas all along this main, now horizontal stem.

I use tent pegs and thick string, tightening the string to a nice comfortable bend at first. Then, every three or four days, I'll take up an inch or so on the string, increasing the bend until it's where I want it.

If you split your stalk, fear not, I've done this before, and just bring it to it's original upright position, and tape it tightly with several wraps of electrical tape, and it's never missed a beat in growing. As a matter of fact, I have two plants taped as I type...lol I have even put a stick splint, taped in place on a broken branch. Grows just fine, and as long as I did it quickly, there was no wilting...hope this has helped...

B

Gratitude likes this.