wtf is wrong with people?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana' started by Toker2, Jul 8, 2009.

1. PutTheKnivesOn

PutTheKnivesOn Superspartaaaaa

Im wary of legalisation, not necessarily against it. Prohibition doesnt work and in the case of marijuana thats not necessarily a bad thing. If your sick and you need it then your gunna get it. Noones dying because its out of reach, it just means they have to obtain it by illicit means. Im not sure what the rules are in your countries, but the price for being caught in these situations generally end up with a light slap on the wrist.

The "billions"" spent on combatting pot that gets thrown about i just dont believe, they probably just use it as a scapeboat for spending money on other things.

Im wary of legalisation because i hate the pharm companies with a passion because they arent about saving lives they are about making money, and they get their greedy little hands on it and before you know it although it will be technically legal, you would have to pay some absorbatant price for a product thats packaged in a pill. Sure im real cynical, but in the case of pot i prefer the devil i know than the one i dont.

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

I get ya PTKO. The devil we know vs. the devil we don't. A rational choice. One I am diametrically opposed to....but I can see your point.

In a worst case example suppose you're right and NOBODY but say...Forest Labs is able to cultivate and distribute MJ. And that it is only available through tightly controlled prescription. How is that worse than what we have now? There would still be an economic benefit (albeit to a select few) and a few med users would get what they need. Most of us would simply do what we are doing with the same implied risks.

Thinking back to high school with a 19 y/o drinking age....I could score any number of illicit drugs much easier than a case of beer. And when I sold shit I never checked an ID. What I'm saying is that if you desire stricter compliance to a set of laws there are only two choices:

1. Use the required enforcement to ensure compliance such as is occurring now to a net negative effect on our nation. Or,

2. Enact sensible controls that allow for easier compliance by the general populace.

cheers,

3. Dank Vapor

Dank Vapor Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Is it the cigarettes or it is the nicotine? Or it is some other chemical they add into their cigs in their curing process?

Not so sure that cigs reduce cancer in any form. You should know that there are statistics where it looks like that is a correlation, but there really isn't. You can look at pirate population and world temp and deduce that the rising global temperatures has caused the decline of piracy. Cigs could be smoked a lot after anal sex and anal sex does reduce prostate cancer (massaging the prostate) and that wasn't taken into consideration so cigs are not the cause, just an indicator.

I'm sure every poison we find we could possible find some beneficial effect from it in someone at sometime, but all this is doing is just continue to prove my point. Pot is no different than everything else already out there which is legal. Has good, has bad, but one thing is has over all the rest, no one has directly died from getting high.

4. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Pretty sure you are thinking of thyroid cancer, prostate risk is increased with cigarette smokers.

I have to agree with ya that smoking a lot can't be good for ya. MJ does seem to have a larger range of use without as drastic of negative effects.

I'm a firm supporter of legalization so I can smoke without any worries of prosecution but also so we can reestablish out Hemp industry. If any of you guys have never seen the film Hemp revolution check it out, I know they have it on Netflix instant video.

Her ya go Hemp revolution: Part 1 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3070358204716119824

Part 2 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8376961766517588127

5. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

What about Bruce Lee?

6. skunky

Although Cannabis was found in his system. It was determined he died from Equagesic. He was hypersensitive(allergic) to the muscle relaxer meprobamate contained in Equagesic.

7. MK-Ultra

MK-Ultra Excommunicated

He had previous bad reactions from ingesting Nepalese Hash (swallowing not smoking) when the Equagesic wasn't involves supposedly.. Leading some to believe he was actually allergic to cannabis.... But hey its just some shit off the net.

8. skunky

But who really knows the truth right. HAHA Though I would think if he did die from MJ they would have had a field day with it. Talk about a shitty allergy to possess.

9. Dank Vapor

Dank Vapor Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

You could be allergic to MJ but not the THC n shit. Like I can eat mangoes, but mango blossom pollen does a number on my sinuses.

10. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Does anybody know whatever happened with that Mississippi kid who had anaphalactic reactions attributed to MJ?