Sensimint recipe

Discussion in 'The 'Kind Kitchen' started by HappyHappyHighGuy, Sep 29, 2011.

1. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

You can use alcohol tincture or glycerin tincture in the recipe...

Ingredients

1 cup sugar

1/3 cup corn syrup

1/2 cup water

1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar

1/4 to 1 teaspoon flavoring

liquid food coloring

1 to 2 teaspoon(s) citric acid (optional)

3 tablespoons cannabis tincture

Directions

1. Prepare either a marble slab or an upside-down cookie sheet (air underneath the sheet will help the candy to cool faster), by covering it with parchment paper and spraying it with oil. If you're using molds, prepare the molds with lollipop sticks, spray with oil, and place them on a cookie sheet or marble slab.

2. In your pan, over medium heat, stir together the sugar, corn syrup, water, and cream of tartar with a wooden spoon until the sugar crystals dissolve.

3. Continue to stir, using a pastry brush dampened with warm water to dissolve any sugar crystals clinging to the sides of the pan, then stop stirring as soon as the syrup starts to boil.

4. Place the candy thermometer in the pan, being careful not to let it touch the bottom or sides, and let the syrup boil without stirring until the thermometer just reaches 300degrees F (hard-crack stage).

5. Remove the pan from the heat immediately and let the syrup cool to about 275degrees F before adding flavor, color, cannabis tincture and citric acid (adding it sooner causes most of the flavor to cook away).

CAUTION

Be careful! The sugar syrup is extremely hot! If you burn yourself, run cold water over your hand for several minutes, but do not apply ice.

6. Working quickly, pour the syrup into the prepared molds and let cool for about 10 minutes. If you're not using molds, pour small (2-inch) circles onto the prepared marble slab or cookie sheet and place a lollipop stick in each one, twisting the stick to be sure it's covered with candy. (It helps to have a friend do this since you need to work quickly.)

7. Let the lollipops cool for at least 10 minutes, until they are hard. Wrap individually in plastic wrap or cellophane and seal with tape or twist ties. Store in a cool, dry place.

Tips:

- Don't have any molds? You can simply pour small circles of syrup onto a greased cookie sheet and place sticks in the middle to make pops.

- It's best not to make lollipops on a rainy or humid day. Cooking candy syrup to the desired temperature means achieving a certain ratio of sugar to moisture in the candy. On a humid day, once the candy has cooled to the point where it is no longer evaporating moisture into the air, it can actually start reabsorbing moisture from the air. This can make the resulting candy softer than it is supposed to be.

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Stickied until submitted to FAQ.

3. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

HHG,

can you use a everclear based tincture for this??

If so how think/thin should the tincture be?

I have a ton sitting around that the everclear is evap out of (yes it is sealed, but only in a custard cup thing) and trying to figure out what to do with it.

It's super thick right now, would I have to get more Everclear to thin it or would a drop or two of iso work? (follow up... would iso make you sick to eat drink it?)

4. HappyHappyHighGuy

Don't drink ISO. I'm pretty sure it's poisonous. You can add more grain alcohol (Everclear) if needed to thin the tincture.

Alcohol-based tincture recipe here:

http://forum.growkind.com/showthread.php?t=29849

Glycerin tincture recipe here:

http://forum.growkind.com/showpost.php?p=431712&postcount=27

5. neoublie1987

neoublie1987 Germinating

hey thanks for the recipe bro you "medi-cali" ill share some!!!

6. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

HHG...

Yea I kinda think of Everclear and Alch (basically vodkas) Tins as two seperate beasts.

I've sipped alch tins before, try that with everclear and you'll go blind. I personally didn't think highly of vodka based tins, seems highly ineffective

May try that out. Got so much shit right now having a hard time doing anything with it. Did try a cake rec but it wasn't good enough to talk about.

Do you know if it's possible to use canna butter on filet?? Most people either wrap in bacon or use massive amounts butter to reintroduce fats. I was thinking about trying this while the weather is good but I'm worried the heat will kill the butter and just leave the taste without the fun

7. HappyHappyHighGuy

Are you talking about cooking fish in canna butter? The only thing I can recommend is to use a low temperature when baking/grilling so the butter doesn't burn.